• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are you thankful for?

bwiese

Eagle Member
We have a whole lot to be thankful for. You can say what ever you want, but I would like to know what every one is thankful for in thier world of disc golf.

I am thankful that I got to see my dad hit his 1st ace this year. He is 66 and been talking about getting an ace for years. Every short par 3 he would get all nervous and shank it. This year when he came to visit we were on a putter course (for me) and he had a chance for an ace on about 5 of the 9 holes. Because they were all short he was just playing dg he didnt get nervous and hit #9 a 195 footer up a hill over some boxwood bushes on the hyzer line bang into the chains. You couldnt see the bottom of the basket so he didnt think it stuck till we got up there. It was my best dg moment. I will never forget.

That being said, what are you thankful for?

A few years ago, I thought my game was over. Now I'm back throwing mostly par rounds with little pain. If that's as bad as it gets, I'll gladly accept it.

It is good you are back. Dont let the triptifan get you.

I'm thankful for my disc golf friends above all. But I'm also thankful for Latitude 64, my first two aces this year, and my first 5 or so tournaments.

And of course, I'm super thankful for DGCR for showing me where all the disc golf courses are and what people think of them. I spent tons of time on this site. Thanks!

I'm thankful for DGCR for vastly improving my game! So Thanks to the site and all of the users that have made mt game better.

I am going to speak for prerube.....

he is thankful for the search key.

Existance and the opportunities presented.

My wife's two pumpkin, one pecan, and one bananna cream pies!!!

Im thankful for my gf who supposrts me no matter what in this game without her I wouldnt be who I am today..all my dg friends who help me all the time and im thankful for my first win

My wife should also be mentioned; and she's not looking over my shouder! She's allowed me to pursue disc play in a fairly crazy manner for more than 20 years!

List could go on forever but off the top of my head I am thankful for the abundance of quality courses in my area. Can't wait to play the new course at Roy G Guerrero park at the beginning of the year.

I'm thankful for the Spotsy DG Club for helping me out along my DG journey and I'm thankful for The Grange (Blockhouse) also Hawk Hollow.

I am thankful for the great choices of courses this country has and all of their supporters.

I'm thankful I live in Austin Texas with lots of good courses, playable weather year round, good friends who love to play and a great disc golf store (Disc Nation) within 10 mins of my house!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :hfive:

(Resurrecting an older thread due to my OCD about not unnecessarily starting new ones) :p

My thoughts from southwest Ohio and the region...

Hey everybody, it's Thanksgiving, so I wanted to publicly acknowledge the folks who made it a fun year for me and so many others, playing disc golf here in the region. There are folks like my buddy Troy Ison, who will always volunteer to help out, to Kurt Lahm and his family, who volunteer so much time out at Osage Grove, to the guys who've run the seasonal leagues this year (Phil Miller & Dave Marlow). :thmbup:

And when I thank the following list of Tournament Directors, they know I mean them and their buddies who help out without recognition. Thank you all for putting up with the community of disc golf nuts, no matter how we might behave. I for one, appreciate you all! Thank you, Dan Bayless, Holly Williams, Adam Jones, Tony Vincent, and the officers of the GCFDA, Jeff Melton, Sean Meier, Don Alexander, Jason Kerl, Fred Salaz & the guys at the 'Nati, Paul Jay, HB Clark, Bill Griffith, Ken Rollins & Jerry Suiter. Those are the guys who hosted tourneys I made it to this year, but if I left anybody out, just know I thank you too! :clap:

I am thankful for my cpap machine.
Best rest I have had in over 20 years.

I'm thankful that I was able to convince my girlfriend to start playing with me.

Latest posts