• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your absolute favorite thing about DG Course Review?

Wow... top favorite thing... gotta be the course directory containing everything you could possibly want to know about a course for use in determining whether or not I want to play that course. Useful in your hometown, but invaluable on road trips.

There are soooooo many other things that ROCK about this site too.

ERic

Using it as a resource to find courses around the country? World?

I love it all, but this the rock we stand on!

The course directory is the feature the drew me here. We love to take roadtrips and camp near courses. We have used this resource to find some really cool places and plan to find a lot more. I have since begun to use the other features...scorecard, disc organizer and forums.

Thanks for the great resource.

For me it is in this order:

1) Using the site to find other quality courses around the country. I have been able to weed out courses I would have no idea how good or bad they were without this site. It isnt that I would be angry if I played a bad course, but I would certainly prefer to play the better courses.

2) Great helpful people. I've played with a couple guys from this site so far and that is something you just wouldnt do in another sport I dont think. "Hey I'm coming to your twon, will you take me out and play golf???" I think this just stands to the people who play this sport!

Like others have said I love the ability to find courses in different areas and pull up pics, reviews, directions, maps, etc... on each of them. This is what drew me to the sites. The forums and people on the site are what got me to stay. Thanks Timg!

Wow... top favorite thing... gotta be the course directory containing everything you could possibly want to know about a course for use in determining whether or not I want to play that course. Useful in your hometown, but invaluable on road trips.

There are soooooo many other things that ROCK about this site too.

ERic

i must say that i agree and i love the disc orgainizer too.

When I am at work or at home and I NEED a ten minute escape, this is it. So many things to do on DGCR, so practical, so complete, so professional!

PDGA Made A Mistake...

...by being down for repairs for so long. I hardly even know that their site exists any more. The DGCR course search is nice and replaced the PDGA site for me.

But if I can choose only one favorite it, it is the individual course pages with reviews and photos. The information found here is, by far, superior to anything else that I've found on the web regarding disc gold. (I mean disc golf... but does anyone else ever make that same typo? Freudian Slip maybe?)

And as many others have said better than I am able, kudos to Tim.

Last edited:
with DG course review I can plan work road trips around courses that are worth going to and actually find them (pdga directions being notoriously awful. i.e. best bet stop at a nearby gas station and ask how to get to the park). Just played two in burlington NC and wouldn't have otherwise. Lets me get feedback as a designer and course maintence on what works and what people like.

I like the forums a lot seeing that there are not many courses around me. But the course locator is a close second to find courses in places I might be going. There's really nothing about this site that I don't like. I don't enter my scores very often, that's probably the feature I use the least amount.

#1 Being able to scout a course in advance and print out a map
#2 Being able to get a question answered fairly quickly on the forums.

From a functionality/design standpoint: I really like the simple layout and design, and the functionality of being able to track all the data (courses, reviews, ratings).

In terms of disc golf: It is an awesome way to find out about new courses, day dream about disc golf vacations, argue about which state is best for disc golf, read about new discs, and work on throwing techniques.

but.... the BEST thing about this site is that Tim consistently works on the site, and continues to make it better. Thank you Tim for sharing your skills and passion!

Best feature: Map browser with info, and I personally love the scorecard features. It always seems so much easier to keep your score on computer than on paper. Wish I only had it in 05'.

Latest posts