• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What single disc can replace a River and Leopard?

I'd go another leopard. If you like the molds then just replace them. Nothing will precisely replace what you lost.

Why were you throwing a River and a Leopard?

Bought the River to be a turnover disc a long time ago...the one I got was too stable to ever really be a smooth anny disc. It maintained a strong fade at the end up until now. Bought the leo in Pro plastic just to try it out...after beating it in for a long while, it finally started to work it's buttery turning magic.

Stilletto.
Even if this is a joke, I'm still gonna call you an idiot. :D

So Here's what I've gotten so far:

Amp, Leo, River, FD, Patriot.

I currently throw an 174 ESP Stalker for stable shots with a bit of fade, A beat 174 Z stalker for a little more turn and distance, and a 174 Z Pred for Overstable duty. The River and the Leo were both 170g...

Which of these suggestions can work well with my current lineup?

Honestly it seems you dig discraft molds, I'd try an XL or a Glide

The equipment forum on this site is awful. Bunch of people all shouting out whatever their favorite disc of the week is with little to no regard for what the OP's actual needs are.

Amp, Leo, River, FD, Patriot.

I currently throw an 174 ESP Stalker for stable shots with a bit of fade, A beat 174 Z stalker for a little more turn and distance, and a 174 Z Pred for Overstable duty. The River and the Leo were both 170g...

Which of these suggestions can work well with my current lineup?

If you want to cut down on molds, you could get an S-FD for the turnover duties and a heavy C-FD to replace your Stalkers.

River in my opinion is a much more glidey leopard, for me personally it turned more as well. I had some leopards in the 169-175 range that were real stable and then had some in the same weight range that would hold a turnover line great. I always felt the leopard for me as a disc that I never could figure out/a disc that innova did not have consistant runs with. I have lost about 4 rivers now and every time I felt I couldn't replace it only to a week or 2 after having a new one break in be at the same place I was before.

The equipment forum on this site is awful. Bunch of people all shouting out whatever their favorite disc of the week is with little to no regard for what the OP's actual needs are.

:clap: .... as well

Some of you are giving me some really great stuff though, so thank you to the sincere respondents out there!

Get a P-PD, beat it in aplenty and you have your River replacement plus 1 less mold. If you still need something shorter, in the Leopard range, definitely try a Fuse. Very sneaky long for a mid, fun, and should complement your mids nicely.

I use the f3 or f7. I used to use a super beat champ teebird for that shot. The patriot seems to be becoming one of the most popular fairway drivers.

I would suggest a Recycled River, they beat in quite a bit quicker than GL in my opinion. And as stated before pair it with a Opto River. You will be set