• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which basket would you like to see at a course?

What basket would you like to see at your course

• Total voters
I really like the mach Vs and the discatchers, and am thrilled to see either at a course. To be honest, as long as they catch, I'm not too picky about baskets.

I think Chainstars catch the best, but there is nothing better than a DisCatcher basket for players new to the course. Mach All-of-um just blend in so much with the surroundings that I think they are annoying. Besides the big yellow bar is just a mental game anyway.

All I've really played on are home-made baskets (LTC, Cleveland, WI) and DGA Machs (all styles). I would like to hit a course with Innova baskets though.

As a pitch putter, Discatchers frustrate me. The top yellow band is as wide as the catch basket. My puts are sometimes coming in at such a steep angle that they hit the chastity belt, whereas on the baskets with much smaller top assemblys it would be in for sure. I think it would be a good idea to regulate the size of the top ring (discatcher size, Mach III size, whatever). Just so it is consistent. I have good results with pitch putts, but don't like my putting being so basket dependent.

Gateway is very strong in your area, and the few courses I've played with the Titan buckets seemed to be as good as any of the other three top companies. Check into the money and effort the Gateway people have been investing near you and the prices of their buckets and quality and see it they may not be a good "homie" choice.

I like the Discatches because they are easy to see from a distance. I think they all catch about the same. (The yellow bar at the top is just mental people. Think about it this way, if you were putting that high on a Mach V you'd sail way past the basket.)

my first thought was that if you are adding holes to an existing course you should get whatever matches what they currently have in order to keep the flow of the course. If you are replacing all of the baskets, my vote is for the Discatchers followed closely by the Mach III's.

You can't go wrong with either one.

I really like the Innovas... not just the Yellow Chastity belt, but different colors too. Munden Point near VA Beach has two pin placements. The short Yellows and the long Reds. It makes the baskets so easy to see.

I'm a huge fan of this setup at Prompton State Park near Honesdale, PA. Makes it so much easier to see where you are going.

Anything DGA but preferably the DGA Mach III. Anything that is not single chained.

I played a course that 3-4 different types of baskets on it. The discatchers were the better baskets by far. They are more visible in the shady park that the course was in.

2 cents...I can't stand the Mach 3's. The spread is smaller on the inner chains. Anything off center at all gets pushed, or flipped towards the outside. I would put a vote in for the Disk King baskets that were put in for worlds this year at Rosedale down under. They were very similar to the Chainstar and Mach 5, but were very loudly painted. They were very easy to see threw the thick woods.

Go with the DISCatcherzzz like the ones in Alton, Rock Spring Park. We got 12 of them from the now defunct Principia College course. Keep you eye out, maybe you can find some used ones as well.

Are you people really having a hard time finding the basket?! Do you have crooked tee pads?! I've never heard a visitor say," I wish they had the baskets with those stupid yellow bands on them so I could miss more putts" unless they wanted to tag 'em so everyone knows their gang is holdin down the course. I think they look kidish and look worse over time IMO

I don't like the Discatcher bright yellow band on top. If it is a heavily wooded course, I prefer to see a more neutral color or plain metal rather then the bright yellow. It kind of takes away from the natural environment.

Ya like that big metal target doesnt!

I can't believe how much love the innova basket is getting. I agree they are the most visible from the tee, but they are a total P.O.S. when it comes to actually catching a disc.

Everyone I have ever putted in catch great