• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which DGCR member has played the most courses?

Might someone be sandbagging? Timg... who I assume is Timmy Gill shows 349 courses played. I have seen him play the KC Wide Open which is at least 3 courses and none are listed in his courses played. Also many of the course pics on DGCR are credited to Timg. Just wondering?

Unless of course Timg is not Timmy Gill?

Sorry, the DGCR head honcho is Tim Gostovic. But I'm sure he won't mind confusing him with a pro with 77 pdga wins! :)

If you met some of them, you might have fewer doubts. And even fewer if you'd tried to schedule a private course into their jam-packed disc golf vacations.

Some have been doing it a long time. Some take month-long vacations filled with nothing but disc golf. (One did this for a year). Few have sought glory for their claimed numbers; it's mostly the rest of us who keep bringing it up.

Playing for almost 19 years I'm sure I've meet a few and I've played several private courses that you don't get to unless you are taken there. Even played in the private tournament circuit in NC. I guess It's possible if you do nothing but drive and golf. Maybe I'm just to picky with courses I play. I'll drive 3 hours to play the top rated course in a given state vs play 3-4 9 hole or average 18 hole courses in the area. I just prefer big tuff courses that kick your ass but leave you in awe when your done lol

I certainly don't mean any offense or disrespect to anybody achievements, it seems like it would be really tuff.

Yeah, you really don't wanna piss off a bunch of course baggers. You wouldn't be safe anywhere, since by definition, they pretty much make it to everywhere. :p

I co-own a private course, and we get visits from traveling disc golfers who play a phenomenal amount. Some play every course they encounter, some are pickier, but they still play a lot on their vacations. I won't forget someone who played all 3 IDGC courses the day before visiting, played here early in the morning, and then hit the road to play 2 of the top Charlotte courses later that day.

I couldn't do that, even with the time and health. I once played 4 courses in a day, but couldn't do it day after day after day. But some people do; they go traveling around the country, for a week or two weeks or longer, playing all day long, every day. Not to pad their lists or compete for honors, but just because they love playing new courses.

Others did it slowly. If you played 20 years and played 2 new courses per week, you'd have 2,000. If you have a job that involves lots of travel, or you're just like to travel, it's not all that hard.

One of the people with a big list used to take months at a time, traveling and playing. One took a year, just to play disc golf. It's amazing, but everybody's different.

I live by the assumption that in some crazy little course, somewhere off in the distance, my absolute favorite shot ever is waiting. I want to play them all. 8-10 courses in a day isn't all that uncommon....I just wish I had more days I could get out and do that. Full time work, wife, 2 kids...it's tough to dedicate lots and lots of full days/weekends/weeks to just frolfing.

Me, too. If this many courses had existed before 2002, my own courses-played list would be about 4 times as long.

You're absolutely right. It's an obsession. An addiction. It's expensive, time consuming and I love it!

[sarcasm] Sssshhhh! You don't want to light a fire under the 5-6 people ahead of me on the Courses Played list, getting me in MORE trouble with my wife for chasing down more new courses played! :p [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness though, it is funny. The more I've moved "up the Courses Played ladder," the more I have encountered players who barely played anywhere new in years. Only once someone started getting close to their Courses Played count or even passed them? They would immediately play 30-50+ new courses...trying to get back to #__ in the rankings.

I'd be the same way, I suppose. You get to the point where you crack the Top 100, or "Page 1," or "Top Ten," and you don't want to fall off of said rung on the ladder! But I think a lot of people at/near the top just wish folks beneath them would stop bagging new courses...so they wouldn't need to burn more weekends and tanks of gas bagging more themselves.

All I can do these days is hope they visit me during their quest.

I have fine memories of playing with many of the 1000-coursers, and I never had to fuel up my car.

New Thread . . . What DGCR member has played with the most 1000 course members? or What DGCR member has played with the most other DGCRers?

Feel free to start said thread Mike...
:popcorn:

New Thread . . . What DGCR member has played with the most 1000 course members? or What DGCR member has played with the most other DGCRers?

Somebody save me some trouble and print a list of the Thousand Coursers.

Here's the list of DGCR members people who hit 1000 (or have a good shot at it in 2018):
Teh_Wood…............2244
Deke Guff…..…...…..1572
danhyzer….............1524
erickmj…...............1404
Martin Dewgarita...1317
DerekTonn….........1252
SteveP454….........1226
The Valkyrie Kid...1177
sunshay…............1160
slorunr…..............1084
coolbrees15.....…..1069
DonnyO…............1065
harr0140…............976
bjflash…................967
Avery Jenkins…......931

I played with danhyzer, Martin Dewgarita, harr0140. Might have played with Deke Guff; it was a LONG time ago when he visited. Probably played with DonnyO.

I also played with Greg Hosfeld and Ben Calhoun, not listed.

The_Wood lists Stoney Hill but claims to have played it with someone who's never been there, so I don't know.

That's it, as far as I know or recognize these DGCR names.

I've played with danhyzer & the Valkyrie Kid, because, well... they get around!

I played with danhyzer, Martin Dewgarita, harr0140. Might have played with Deke Guff; it was a LONG time ago when he visited. Probably played with DonnyO.

I also played with Greg Hosfeld and Ben Calhoun, not listed.

The_Wood lists Stoney Hill but claims to have played it with someone who's never been there, so I don't know.

That's it, as far as I know or recognize these DGCR names.

.....and now that I take the time to pull up the list, if BogeyNoMore had bothered to go 2 names further, I've played with both of them, too. Three of those two, really, since Mashnut is 2 people.

Not sure Ben Calhoun or Gregg Hosfeld are in that list.
I just searched members and sorted by "played"
Common knowledge that Ben (Innovadude) hasn't marked all his courses in DGCR, butthat he kept at running list or something at the time, and there are numerous people were were part of his quest, back in the day.

Unless one of those is Hosfeld, I guess he hasn't marked all his, either.

.....and now that I take the time to pull up the list, if BogeyNoMore had bothered to go 2 names further, I've played with both of them, too. Three of those two, really, since Mashnut is 2 people.

I just figured 70 courses or so in a year is feasible. Nothing off Tallpaul or Mashnut, but I wouldn't bet $$ they'll get to 100+ new courses this year. I hope one of them can re-quote this post and rub it in my face! :thmbup:

Last edited:
Here's the list of DGCR members people who hit 1000 (or have a good shot at it in 2018):
Teh_Wood…............2244
Deke Guff…..…...…..1572
danhyzer….............1524
erickmj…...............1404
Martin Dewgarita...1317
DerekTonn….........1252
SteveP454….........1226
The Valkyrie Kid...1177
sunshay…............1160
slorunr…..............1084
coolbrees15.....…..1069
DonnyO…............1065
harr0140…............976
bjflash…................967
Avery Jenkins…......931

Sorry to say that Donny Olow passed away in December 2015.