• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Which putter can you get the most distance out of?

Fresh DX Beadless Aviar - can get them up to 350 if I really try but i really dont like to trow them that far

(okay time for a serious post)

My two driving putters have actually not been mentioned yet...the Premium Jokeri and the First Flight Proline Breaker.

I can get the Breaker out to nearly 300 feet, but it is SUPER fast for a putter. I would actually consider it more of a short mid-range. It's so long that I often don't even use it for upshots. It rivals my Tensor in pure distance. But for putter lines that are 220-270 it's money.

My Jokeri, however, is definitely a true putter. I've actually never taken it out for field work, but I would say I could realistically get it past 250. Its perfect for driving, but it's also really OS so not too great for shaping lines. But if I wanted to shape lines, I wouldn't use a putter...but that's just me.

I used to get alot of Distance out of a Wizard. I can put my Anode out pretty far.. The Ion will give you the most distance for all putters though IMO!

rhino.jpg

Ever drive with a BB Aviar?

Yup, I carry 3 of them but if distance is what you want then a no bead is the way to go. It has a shorter profile which makes it a hair faster. Love the BB for my driving duty but if I was in a putter distance competition then I would go with a No Bead Dx Aviar

My two go-to thrower putters are opto pures and Yeti Pro aviars. Both have neutral stability and fly fast for a putter. The pure takes the cake though, I can them out to and past 300' with a good clean rip and some height to work with.

OK, now keep in mind that the question is which putter flies farthest, not which putter you use. The putter I have thrown the farthest is a beat DX Aviar. Hyzer-flip it, and it glides for days. I also have tossed an Ion before, and it was pretty sweet, but I didn't really spend enough time with it to get used to the curved inner rim.

Hey everyone, I've been playing a lot of putter rounds lately to help dial in my form and it's been helping a lot. I still like playing with just putters because of the fun factor. (not factoring like in algebra lol)

I have ditched my Aviars and use a Pure for driving/upshots, and a wizard for putts. It's a deadly combo.

I can get the Pure out to 275 on a lucky throw, and I average about 240-250'

So what do you all get out of putters? Any incite will be welcome.

You have the perfect setup. Dont change a thing.

Regardless of what really goes farthest I would highly recommend a nice slightly overstable putter for your longest straight putter shots. Anything that flies like a big bead aviar, challenger, wizard, clozer, p2, or ion. My personal favorite is the wizard because it retains its shape well (sorry challenger) and I like the feel a little better than the others. Gateway is quite intelligent in their approach to designing putters and their plastic is really great. I personally prefer a nice stiff base plastic specimen (sorry mvp) beat up just a little to the point that you can release it with just a little hyzer and it will reliably flip up flat and not turn much and always fade at least a little at the very end. If you want your putter to beat in slower or prefer premium plastic I would recommend an ion or a p2 if you prefer beadless.

Recently I bought a 176 opto pure and a 175 zero hard pure which is a less overstable mold than the discs above, similar to an aviar p&a, because I heard things like "flies as far as a midrange", "mini buzzz", and "best driving putter". They do fly far and I love the zero hard for short right turns after I beat it in a little. However, while the opto is great for straight approaches and low power drives, for 200-250 foot drives I would choose any of the discs listed above over it simply because they are less prone to turn too much and they fade more reliably. The pure is a great disc but it is not magical and if I wanted a driving putter with a stability similar to that I would have already been throwing aviar p&as, voodoos, or something like that.

Last edited:
Regardless of what really goes farthest I would highly recommend a nice slightly overstable putter for your longest straight putter shots. Anything that flies like a big bead aviar, challenger, wizard, clozer, p2, or ion. My personal favorite is the wizard because it retains its shape well (sorry challenger) and I like the feel a little better than the others. Gateway is quite intelligent in their approach to designing putters and their plastic is really great. I personally prefer a nice stiff base plastic specimen (sorry mvp) beat up just a little to the point that you can release it with just a little hyzer and it will reliably flip up flat and not turn much and always fade at least a little at the very end. If you want your putter to beat in slower or prefer premium plastic I would recommend an ion or a p2 if you prefer beadless.

Recently I bought a 176 opto pure and a 175 zero hard pure which is a less overstable mold than the discs above, similar to an aviar p&a, because I heard things like "flies as far as a midrange", "mini buzzz", and "best driving putter". They do fly far and I love the zero hard for short right turns after I beat it in a little. However, while the opto is great for straight approaches and low power drives, for 200-250 foot drives I would choose any of the discs listed above over it simply because they are less prone to turn too much and they fade more reliably. The pure is a great disc but it is not magical and if I wanted a driving putter with a stability similar to that I would have already been throwing aviar p&as, voodoos, or something like that.

weird. my opto goes pretty straight. it started turning recently, but i play at least 18 every day, and it gets used a *LOT*. i pretty much use it for straight shots, no turn and no fade - so i can see why it wouldn't work for you if you need the fade consistently.

Yeti Pro Aviar for me...completely maxed out would put it about 300.

My anode went the furthest, too far to keep in my bag. Hard to range sometimes. My PA1 gets sick distance too but due to the fade I can rely on it more than the anode. Pure went far as well but when it beat in I didn't like it. Love my aviar as well in tailwinds it bombs.

In reality all putters can go far it's just what works for you. The PA1 and Aviar have stayed in the bag.