• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A few days with Nikko...

By the way, bush golfs totally wrecked on blow and blueberry blunts.

IMAG000.JPG

I'd still like to play a round with him. Love playing with pros. Or at least not as new people.

I learn something from everybody.

Even prerube...like don't throw white discs near hills...

\/\/

Ball golf is "classy" and expensive but I have never been to a ball course and not smelled weed or seen beer.

You gotta be hammered to kill that little white ball. I have tried it sober, and it is no fun. I always drink if I am forced to play snobby ball golf. I recommend you do the same.

All they really hurt is themselves. As far as we go, somebody leaving beer cans on the course, smoking dope in plain view of the neighbors or vandalizing the park does far more damage to our game than a petulant "pro" playing on a "tour" that no one other than disc golfers ever hear about anyway.

This is not true. When you host an NT event, you are bound to a considerable amount of responsibility, with extremely limited resources, which leads to full scale dependence on the volunteer efforts of others. I've witnessed this first hand. If you've ever seen the amount of work it takes, just to run a B tier, you have an inkling of an idea of what it takes to run a national tour event. Simply mutliply everything by 100 and you will probably be in range.

As you can imagine, the type of person who would undertake such a fruitless expedition (as far as compensatory aspects are concerned), is more than valuable to the disc golf community. When the upper echelon of talent bulldozes a TD, the very same one that created the opportunity for the touring pro to exploit, and runs them out of the scene, the community as a whole loses. Sadly, this happens a lot.

In some parts of the country, you may find local disc golf communities that are nothing short of unwilling, when it comes to the prospect of hosting a national tour. And I certainly don't blame them. Why would you want to put forth considerable effort, just to take one in the teeth from one of the primary beneficiaries of your selfless efforts? I wouldn't even entertain the idea, to be honest.

David McCormack, owner of Gateway is Nikko's uncle and got him started young. That's why he has such a low PDGA number. Dave Mac deserves way more credit then he gets when it comes to Disc Golf and everything he has done for the sport.

...I'm not in a very good mood today or I would be posting something snarky and/or funny here.:|
Yeah, I feel ya. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate the story of the day Dave brought Nikko to the course when he was eight or nine and left him in the parking lot, where I found him later beating on the front grille of my car with a downed tree limb. I'm just not feeling it today, though. It was only a Pontiac 6000, anyway. Considering where I used to park it, it probably wasn't the worst thing that happened to it that week.

Yeah, I feel ya. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate the story of the day Dave brought Nikko to the course when he was eight or nine and left him in the parking lot, where I found him later beating on the front grille of my car with a downed tree limb. I'm just not feeling it today, though. It was only a Pontiac 6000, anyway. Considering where I used to park it, it probably wasn't the worst thing that happened to it that week.

That was the model of my first car. You just took me down memory lane.

That was the model of my first car. You just took me down memory lane.
The tags had those squaty numbers so where the tag said "6000 LE" it kinda looked like it said "GOOOLE". We always called that car the Goolie. It left me stranded on the side of the road more than any other car I owned. Good times.

Video rolls to the music from "Paul McBeth, the Greatness."

"Okay Nikko, today I want you to practice your technique by throwing sticks backhand. See this video of Dave Feldberg throwing an umbrella? Good, do the same thing with this stick. Wait, I don't want you to hit someone or something important... I know, swing it into the grille of this Pontiac GOOOLE. Who the - he hocky stick hocky stick - calls their car a gooole?"

Hours later, "hey unc, some guy called me a donkey for hitting his car."

"Don't worry about it Nikko, no one will ever understand you, or your greatness. Okay, now I want you to practice your putting. pick up this piece of grille that you knocked off the gooole and toss it underhand into the garbage can... repeat."

Hours later.

"*&^%**&%#)@# kid, what are you doing tossing rocks at my car?"

"I ran out of grille unc. And the guy in the truck with Parks Dept. on the side said not to throw rocks at the garbage cans. By the way unc, why do you always say '*&^%**&%#)@#' when you miss your putts?"

"It's what all pros say when they miss putts kid."

And thus, the greatness of Nikko The Arm was born.

Roll slow mo of Nikko slapping basket chains with a disc after a missed putt.

David McCormack, owner of Gateway is Nikko's uncle and got him started young. That's why he has such a low PDGA number. Dave Mac deserves way more credit then he gets when it comes to Disc Golf and everything he has done for the sport.

Like sell a ton of stolen art stamped discs and undercut all retail outlets selling to anyone and everyone at wholesale? :gross: dude does love DG and has great ideas but hasnt done **** compared to innova/dc peeps in the big scheme.