• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Add some pics, please!

DiscChainBasket18

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
If the course page looks like this:
DGCRpics_zps7e68b9e2.jpg

Take some pictures when you get to the course. Take a camera. OK, that's too old school! Why not use your cell-phone? Most people have them! Take a pic or two. What could it hurt?
Write your review but add a couple pics so we can see what the place looks like!

I always bring my camera to new courses for just that reason.

I do but its too much of a hassle for me to get them off my phone and on to the site while using mobile.

My home course looks like that. I really should take some pictures. The biggest roadblock for me has just been that they are too big to upload directly. I have to do some editing to shrink down the file size. Laziness takes over before I get to that point...

My home course looks like that. I really should take some pictures. The biggest roadblock for me has just been that they are too big to upload directly. I have to do some editing to shrink down the file size. Laziness takes over before I get to that point...

It's actually really easy to shrink them using DGCR.

I've played a few courses without photos but the real problem is that I never remember. I don't even write reviews. I'm a useless dgcr member. I take take take and never give back.;)

Or I guess it the site DGCR links you to.

Upload them to your computer, open them in paint and resize, save as .jpg. Upload to site. That easy.

Upload them to your computer, open them in paint and resize, save as .jpg. Upload to site. That easy.

this

I've done it before, never write reviews but I'm down with pictures

I tend to do things like circle baskets and draw arrows to next tees if they are hard to see though.

Yeah, I know it's easy to do. I just haven't taken the time to do it. I've reviewed my home course, put in some hole tips, but haven't bothered to edit and upload pictures.

Give Apdrvya a thumbs up cause he does this on every course he reviews.

Take some pictures when you get to the course. Take a camera. OK, that's too old school! Why not use your cell-phone? Most people have them!
Nothing old school about a camera. It works.

Take a pic or two. What could it hurt?
To me, if you're not going to do the entire course, its not worth the bother to take a pic or two. That just leads others to conclude that the entire course already has photos, then they don't come in and finish the job.

I do want to point out to anyone who does upload photos, to notice the landscape orientation of that green box and that it works best when your photos fit it.

See my signature for more blunt details.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's easy to do. I just haven't taken the time to do it. I've reviewed my home course, put in some hole tips, but haven't bothered to edit and upload pictures.

I did it because the pix for my local course were from before teepads were installed. I, too, like arrows showing the route to the basket or circles around the baskets, as I tend to open a new course on my phone and use it for help when needed. Beats walking a 500' blind hole.

I do want to point out to anyone who does upload photos, to notice the landscape orientation of that green box and that it works best when your photos fit it.

I'd also add, don't take crappy pictures on your 2004 phone. Grab at least a decent point and shoot. I like using my mirrorless...not too big, but great pictures.

I did it because the pix for my local course were from before teepads were installed. I, too, like arrows showing the route to the basket or circles around the baskets, as I tend to open a new course on my phone and use it for help when needed. Beats walking a 500' blind hole.

I know I'm a complete hypocrite too. I hate looking up a course that I'm planning to play in saying no pictures, out of date pictures, limited pictures etc.

I guess I've been convinced to start working on getting photos up for courses that are lacking.

I know I'm a complete hypocrite too. I hate looking up a course that I'm planning to play in saying no pictures, out of date pictures, limited pictures etc.

I guess I've been convinced to start working on getting photos up for courses that are lacking.

YaY!

As I bag some more of the obscure courses in my area (ie elementary schools, 9 holers), I'm wanting to make more of an effort to get some solid pix up for them. It's the right thing to do.

I try and take my camera to new courses, both for my records and to upload here when I get a chance. I have to reduce them so sometimes it takes a while before I get around to it. I have relied on other's photos and reviews when traveling so I try to give back where I can here as this site is a valuable resource.

The main reason I stopped uploading pictures was the 5 at a time limit. I had no problem getting out and taking pictures (some days I was taking full sets for 3 or 4 courses) resizing hundreds of pictures at a time, and labelling them. But it was the click on each picture individually, for 5 pictures, click upload and then wait 5 minutes and do it all over again when a full course set is at least 36 pictures - I would have happily kept at it if I could shift select all 36 pictures, click upload and come back 20 minutes later to label them all. I still have 20 or 30 full course sets that never got uploaded..

Give Apdrvya a thumbs up cause he does this on every course he reviews.

thanks!
I have added a ton of pictures.

however, I Have to say that if I could add pictures easier from my phone it would be SOOOOOOOO much easier... as it stands now, I have to take the picture, upload to photobucket, save to my computer, then upload (5 at a time) to the site which takes forever...

Just sayin' there has to be a better way...

Nothing old school about a camera. It works.

To me, if you're not going to do the entire course, its not worth the bother to take a pic or two. That just leads others to conclude that the entire course already has photos, then they don't come in and finish the job.

Honestly, I have to disagree here. I'm not saying portrait orientation is better, I just think it depends on the picture itself. Some fairways are long and narrow which happen to fit the portrait orientation better. If you take a shot in landscape, sometimes the actual fairway will only take up one third of the frame, with the outer edges being nothing but rough. If the shot fits a portrait orientation better, then there's nothing wrong with using it.

Edit: Also, I realized when you click on the media tab for a course, the green box adjusts for landscape or portrait. So either way, there's not a huge difference.

Unless of course we're talking videos. Only freaks use portrait orientation in videos. No more black bars!

Last edited:

Latest posts