• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am Worlds 2012--Charlotte, NC

Tons of new players in the game; think they're great (*said like Tony the Tiger*).

Long story short; from a two decade player: Those who are top advanced get called sand bagger; sooner, rather than later.

Said players move up to pro; donate their money for a little while (unless they are truly among those top 100 best players), and quit playing tourneys.

Result; veteran advanced players rarely exist, unless they move into age related divisions.

This. Well spoken. And from my hometown, too.

Here in Rochester we had room for 720 ams, expected 600, and got 454. I guess because we're 'not a central location' which seems bogus to me since a flight is a flight. Pros in Cali had a cap this year and filled.
Cali also has a huge local player base. People who won't need a flight (or only a short one) to get there. This is why they filled. If you look at the locations of where the entrants are from, you'll see that almost half the field at Pro Worlds is California players, and many of the others are from western states. Out of 433 entrants, I counted 206 Californians. By contrast, there aren't too many folks from east of the Rockies.

It would not surprise me if we saw a reverse situation in Charlotte next year.

At the Am Worlds awards ceremony Sam Nicholson announced full field for 2012 would be 1,188 players with the event likely using 14 courses. I think chances are strong most divisions will fill.

Rochester put on a great show, and Pro Worlds already looks like a winner, so the bar for Charlotte will be quite high.

And we're itching to raise it even further.

I watched some of the footage on the AM worlds. From what I have seen so far, the level of competition is pathetic.

You're a tool. Have fun playing the game or find a new sport!

I watched some of the footage on the AM worlds. From what I have seen so far, the level of competition is pathetic.

And if we record every shot you take your not going to look pathetic? Its easy to say I can do better then that when your watching from a screen!

I predict the 2012 advanced champ will have to average a 1010 rating or higher. And they will be a CDGC member.

Looks like it would cost me around a 1000$ to get there. My wife would have my balls, too bad would of loved to get out there and play.

bump. Now that Pro Worlds 2011 is over, the pros should be looking forward to Charlotte also. Who's planning on taking down defending champ Nate Doss in 2012?

Latest posts