• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Area of the U.S. for DG

Best Area in the U.S. for DG

• Total voters
I've played in 7 of the 9 regions, and I'd have to go with Midwest 1. If only IL weren't a part of it our region it'd be a no-brainer. Some combination of South 1 and South 2 would be second in my book. Kentucky is amazing.

FWIW, I think if you put PA in its own category it'd probably garner a lot of votes. PA should be insulted to be grouped with NJ.

I see there are no votes for NE. I guess everyone from that area is busy with the Vibram Open, resetting the bar and all that sort of stuff. Of course, they've got ME pulling them down, land of total pay to play.

I agree with the comment about this poll is "almost" = where do you live?

How can an area where courses are pulled and/or there is snow on the ground for 4-5 months a year be the best area for DG? Or for that matter, where it is too hot 3-4 months per year for the average Joe to enjoy being outside?

That leaves South 1, West 1, and West 2 as the only viable areas. IMO, Hawaii is the best area for disc golf to be.

West2, just based on the variety landscapes, even though I've never played there.

Funny that I've never thought of West Virginia and Florida being in the same area before.

How can an area where courses are pulled and/or there is snow on the ground for 4-5 months a year be the best area for DG? Or for that matter, where it is too hot 3-4 months per year for the average Joe to enjoy being outside?
Who defined disc golf as a summer sport versus a winter sport? There's nothing intrinsic to the way the game is played that limits it to a certain temperature range or ground conditions. Midwest provides all of the challenges for disc golfing under different climate conditions.

I thought it was "bigger"...which isn't necessarily always "better," especially if you're talking about the size of your meth habit or how your Texas scorecards reflect much BIGGER scores! ;)

as for the meth? The farther North i go the more meth i see. I was in MN for a wedding cant rembere the city but it was up where the mississippi starts and there was meth warning stickers on buildings "Meth Watch" is what it said and had some phone number. I lived in TX for 10 years never cam across it. maybe im just lucky

That leaves South 1, West 1, and West 2 as the only viable areas. IMO, Hawaii is the best area for disc golf to be.

have you been discing in the snow? i thought not, STFU!

Who defined disc golf as a summer sport versus a winter sport? There's nothing intrinsic to the way the game is played that limits it to a certain temperature range or ground conditions. Midwest provides all of the challenges for disc golfing under different climate conditions.

Well, it's intrinisically played outdoors.

I vote for comfortable weather.

I prefer to avoid life-threatening weather.

Much easier to throw with fewer clothes. (Just don't take that to the extreme).

It is a sort of pick-your-poison issue; you replied to a post denigrating both cold winters & hot summers. Which makes the "Hawaii" post a bit more valid....

pound for pound, OR and CA have a ton of the countries great courses...WA has a couple

I think this poll should be renamed "Where are you from" because a lot of people just voted for their area

I agree that parts of Midwest 1 and Midwest 2 should be combined. Being from the midwest I'll have to say that one, or some combination of the two, souths is probably what I'd go for. From what I understand they have great courses and the weather there is much nicer.

I think Portland Oregon should have it's own option, I vote for Portland Oregon.

Best Region

I would think what would constitute the best region is an area with a ton of very good courses within a reasonable driving distance that has tolerable weather 12 months a year. So, the Midwest is OUT! I have only played in the South and CA, so I am biased. A ton of driving between courses in CA, but the weather is stellar. Texas is probably similar. But we have every bug and reptile on earth down here, so I'd say this question can't be answered. My vote would be that the best region is the one you're in at the time. A bad disc course is better than having to play a beautiful ball golf course.

I would think what would constitute the best region is an area with a ton of very good courses within a reasonable driving distance that has tolerable weather 12 months a year. So, the Midwest is OUT! I have only played in the South and CA, so I am biased. A ton of driving between courses in CA, but the weather is stellar. Texas is probably similar. But we have every bug and reptile on earth down here, so I'd say this question can't be answered. My vote would be that the best region is the one you're in at the time. A bad disc course is better than having to play a beautiful ball golf course.

You should do a road trip in OR...AWESOME courses all within very reasonable driving distance....

You should do a road trip in OR...AWESOME courses all within very reasonable driving distance....

I'm on a road trip to Oregon right now as a matter of fact, the best courses ever, I am playing Pier, Trojan and a couples of smaller ones tomorrow and Whistler's Bend (The best course on the west coast BY FAR!) tomorrow. Even the WA courses that are very close are excellent. You can play almost every one of the 60+ courses is Oregon and none of them are horrible, I would say all of them are at least a 2.5 with about 10-15 being a 4.5 or more.

Just an FYI, Michigan is not in South #2. I'm guessing that's meant to be Mississippi. MI is Michigan, MS is Mississippi.