• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axis Ace

Used an Axis yesterday to finally hit my second ace! :thmbup: It had been 1 year and 9 months since I hit my first ace (with an Orc).

Straight 200' shot with ~15 mph headwind. Axis danced a little up and down into that wind, but it held a dead straight line the whole way and crashed the chains.

This is the most neutral disc I have ever thrown. Super straight when thrown clean (no wrist role / OAT), and it will also hold hyzer and anhyzer lines extremely well. Virtually no fade on any line.

Hole In One!!!

i got my first hole in one the other day on hole 13 at idlewild park:D, and it was awesome, i cant wait till i hear those chains on my drive again

Ace @ Dorton Park NC

I hit my first ever Ace on hole 2 at Dorton Park (4-19-12), not a huge course but man did it feel good. I cant wait to get another. The guys i play with and i decided that the thrower buys beers, so our aces cost some money

Got my 2nd ace with an Innova Lycan at Rolling Hills #6 (the first big downhill) today. First was a few years ago with a Riot, so both aces are with discs with the tilted inner rim, how strange. Helped to cheer me up after the bad news regarding Adam Yauch this morning.

Got my 3rd!

Number 7 at the Shadow of the Hawk, Eden NY. The large baskets (new course). Not entirely sure of the distance, around 100', but no gimme. Got it with a DX Cro.

Love that sound. Its almost a completely blind shot. It looked good, but it sounded great!

SATURDAY
Hole 1 at Giles Run Long Pin to short basket

Sunday during tourney
Hole 5 at Sherando Park hit in the tray and skipped out of it :(

hole 17 at cottage grove DGC. 360ft, but plays like 380ft due to it playing uphill a little. first time its been aced with a mid-range!!! love the pain.

acepain.jpg

I had back to back aces this past Friday. Consecutive throws in Santa Barbra on holes 4 and 5. I was stoked to go back to back. That was a first for me.

Hit my 1st ace at franklin park in purcellville va last week at 314ft then three days later I hit my first tournament ace at 351ft at the sherando spartan. tournament ace NICE!:thmbup:

just got back from cedar hills in raleigh where I aced #16, 330 ft, but plays 350ish threw my champ eagle on a smooth hyzer, skipped off a flat spot and softly landed in chain

Got ace #28 today. Hole 18c Truckee River Course. Flat halfway then blind downhill to the pin 300 or so. Looked good from the tee and there was what sounded like number plate. Got down there and it was in. Threw a Z Wasp(thanks lion). Got $20 from a member and the ace tag was there for the taking.

Hit #2 at Timmons Park tonight for the fourth time, each has been uniquely different:

-- first was a Star Leopard on a hyzer(I'm BHLH) skipper, intentional, hit the sweet spot and skipped in HARD;
-- second was the next weekend throwing the hole for the first time since the ace, same Leopard, hyzer line, no skip, straight in BANG;
-- third was practicing for doubles, first throw off the tee, a thumber with a Flick, hit the large tree behind the basket about 40' up, came down and crashed in;
-- tonight was a thumber with a Flick, hit right below the basket and jumped right in.

54d71238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts