• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hide your new disc purchases from your wife?

I almost had one shipped to my mother's house just to avoid "the look" I get from my gf when new discs show up. Still had it shipped to our house.

I got 2 coming in today. I have to beat her to the mailbox, and then stash them in my trunk before i come inside. Now if she only knew how much i spend on sushi when im on a day trip--that could get nasty.

My wife buys running shoes three times a year and expensive running clothes all the time because she runs ultra marathons. I think she spends a little more on her gear than I do on mine and so she seems to understand.
She still makes fun of me a bit when she sees I have 8 wizards and over 100 discs. I just show her other people's disc organizers that have 200 or 300 discs.

my wife doesn't understand the need to buy plastic so i almost aways get an eye roll when something shows up in the mail. disc golf is still butt loads cheaper than mountain biking so she doesn't say much.

Plastic is cheap compared to the 2 motorcyles, whiskey collection and RC planes. She complains, but I don't hide it.

dg is so cheap compared to my other hobby which is music instruments. a mean just a pedal is more than a disc. decent guitar is typically easy $300+

im now almost to the point where i have enough back ups of any disc i throw so i wont be buying much for a very long time. im going to g school pretty soon and i will not be buying any discs cuz i probably wont even be buying food haha

No. I work my butt off to pay the bills and put food on the table.
As long as she gets the occasional "girls day off", she doesn't have a problem.

No, I give her most of my money anyways (she handles the money and check book) so as long as they are kind of spaced apart she really doesn't care, when I go crazy she usually lets me know. Besides, winter time I buy and summer time I end up selling enough to cover what I've bought over the winter time and then some.

No need to hide it. She bought me a Mach III for valentines day. She buys more discs than I do.

I can handle the snarky comments. "ANOTHER DISC?" "HOW MANY DO YOU NEED?" The fact that I play almost every day, and that I sell off the surplus on occasion, and that she has her own spending fetishes (boots), has given her an understanding that it could be worse.

Nope. Don't hide it from my wife.
I have my own bank account and she has hers.

Of course, that doesn't mean I am free from the occasional snarky comments...

Not married but will not marry a woman I have to hide them from

I think you're on the right track. Those are my thoughts too when I've seen "hiding from GF" in this and previous threads. Not my business though, if they want to enter into that kind of relationship.

Nothing to hide from my wife, including disc purchases! :) What's mine is hers and what's hers is mine.

Last edited: