• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you play better in heavily/moderately wooded courses or fairly open courses?

On average, do you play better in wooded courses or fairly open courses?

• Yes

Votes: 66 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Depends on the length of the courses

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I'm not answering because you're pond diving scum :)

Votes: 30 20.3%

• Total voters

Vonbeezy1

Banned
Disregard this poll if it has already been done (searched but found nothing). I don't get a chance to play many wooded courses but it seems like every time I do, I shoot considerably better than I do on open courses (5 stroke ratings better on average). So do you shoot better on wooded or open courses?

I usually do better in wooded courses because I don't usually have the distance, but I have tweaked my technique and am getting some more distance so it is probably about the same now. I am playing a tournament in September in a wooded course so we will see :popcorn:

For me, I need a tree or two as a reference point. Wind also plays a factor on wide open holes.

My putting turns long open holes into 3's instead of 2's. On wooded courses I focus more on hitting my lines and getting short putts and park jobs so I fare better.

"Yes" and "No" are probably not the best options for the poll in the context of the question. Yes, I play better in heavily wooded courses. No, I do not play better in open courses.

Well, in my disc golf group, I do better if it's a new course, no matter the terrain. If we frequent the course, the victories between us are inconsistent. When we play a new course, I usually win.

With that being said, I prefer open courses because I like to watch my disc fly and the worst feeling is knowing you just released a great shot and it hits a low branch or something.
:(

Put it this way, if there's a 600 foot hole and only one small tree the whole way, I'll find a way to get behind it.

I have a decent short game, fairly good accuracy and ability to shape lines... and am distance challenged, so relative to most players, I play get my highest rated rounds on tight, technical courses with turning fairways, but that doesn't mean those are the only type I like.

Most of my best rounds have been on long difficult wooded courses. Scrambling and putting are my two biggest strengths. Hysell taught me those.

I learned to play on a course that was tight woods and hilly (Wall Doxey SP) where for the most part you could never see the hole from the pad and trees and brush is always in the way. I thought that is what disc golf was for many years lol

I learned to play on a course that was tight woods and hilly (Wall Doxey SP) where for the most part you could never see the hole from the pad and trees and brush is always in the way. I thought that is what disc golf was for many years lol

Thats where I learned to play too :clap:. Going back in September to play the Rumble in the Jungle.

I'm terrible in the woods and on short courses, but excel on the long and fairly open ones. That is probably because the nearest technical course for me is 3 hours away.

I'm terrible in the woods and on short courses, but excel on the long and fairly open ones. That is probably because the nearest technical course for me is 3 hours away.

I'm willing to bet it's one of the courses up in Flag that you're describing... but three hours? I could be wrong.

Latest posts