• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you want this guy playing in your league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont say anything and just ignore it. To give him any more attention is only fueling this guys fire. Calmy say, everyone else got here on time.
Why couldnt you? Now suck it up pansy and be the skitzo :D

YOU SNOOZE. YOU LOSE!!!

Its not hard to be on time, but it takes effort and work for usually one person to keep a doubles night or singles event running weekly. To show up late basically says I have no respect for what you do. 6pm is 6pm.

Starting at 6:05, the last group finished in the dark. Whatever you think of the start time, it shouldn't be everyone else's problem when one person can't show up on time.

My club starts our Wednesday weekly at 5. We had 9 people show up on time this week, and so sent off 3 threesomes a bit after 5. I run the weekly, so I take everyones tags and ace pool money before we start, so once I tee off it should be closed, right?

Well, this week we had two people show up around 5:15 and sneak in with the last group. That group of 5 finished 40 minutes after the first two groups. I was pretty ticked off, it was raining that day and so we had to wait in wet clothes for the last group. I'm going to start enforcing a more strict policy. Other people shouldn't be punished because of people's tardiness.

My club starts our Wednesday weekly at 5. We had 9 people show up on time this week, and so sent off 3 threesomes a bit after 5. I run the weekly, so I take everyones tags and ace pool money before we start, so once I tee off it should be closed, right?

Well, this week we had two people show up around 5:15 and sneak in with the last group. That group of 5 finished 40 minutes after the first two groups. I was pretty ticked off, it was raining that day and so we had to wait in wet clothes for the last group. I'm going to start enforcing a more strict policy. Other people shouldn't be punished because of people's tardiness.

Offer a flex start time.......Problem solved!

/
Thread

Skunk,
Are you an adminsitrator on your facebook site? If so, you can just delete douchebaggery responses from the board. Then, you have the opportunity to post a calm response regarding timeliness.

Honestly if you're starting dubs before 6 that's just dumb. You're asking people to come from work or school in rush hour traffic in a short amount of time. The sun goes down at 8pm now, back up your dubs start time.

It depends on the course. Our league course has 7600'+ just in the holes, and is a 2 mile walk. Two hours isn't feasible.

You shouldn't have to do things different for people who are late and immature. You kicked him out and are moving on. That's the way to deal with him. Anyone who would spit during an argument has not matured properly and deserves to swallow their own teeth. ;)

Offer flex start!!!

/
Thread

I wish I could just do the / thread and all of your stupid troll posts would cease to exist.

A flex start is only going to make that person running it stay longer until everyone finishes. That doesn't solve the problem at all. People need to grow up and get somewhere on time. That's the / thread bucko.

I wish I could just do the / thread and all of your stupid troll posts would cease to exist.

A flex start is only going to make that person running it stay longer until everyone finishes. That doesn't solve the problem at all. People need to grow up and get somewhere on time. That's the / thread bucko.

what's a bucko?

Offer flex start!!!

/
Thread

Even with flex start you have to have an end time which would probably be the same time (6:05) which means "offer flex start" is a horrible idea that does not accomplish anything. Not to mention it's random draw doubles. If it was flex start you could show up and if you did not want to draw one of the people already there because they suck you could just wait until a later time to get a better partner. Bad idea all around. What other brilliant ideas you got?

Offer flex start!!!

/
Thread

From someone assisting in running a flex start leage. Flex starts suck...I'd much rather just start the league at a set time. If you're not on time that's your problem. Done and done.

As far as 6 is too early to start. Again, if it's to early for YOU then that's YOUR problem. League starts at 6. Can't make it? Don't play.

More people need to realize that the world moves on independtly of them. Catering to people sucks and often the people that are catered too are the ones who need it the least. They're the a-hole showing up late.

??

A flex start allows groups to start earlier causing them to be done sooner, and putting less groups out at the start time, meaning it will be done sooner and the TD can go home sooner.

Seems like a winner of a plan.

Offer flex start!!!

/
Thread

You are definately not helpful. Why would any host offer a flex start for the one individual who arrives late.... it is a waste of time and effort that would be better spent elsewhere.

Either you are on time or you don't play. I don't hold out for late-arrivals for the leagues and events I host. Being late is disrespectful... for work, for school, for meetings... even for disc golf events.

People late for league? Eff 'em. They can run their own league if they don't like it.

??

A flex start allows groups to start earlier causing them to be done sooner, and putting less groups out at the start time, meaning it will be done sooner and the TD can go home sooner.

YUP, sure is a WINNER when we are obviously discussing people who show up LATE... not EARLY... seriously :wall:

??

Except that the subject of this thread involves somebody being late.

Some of you are also forgetting that the league director usually has a day job to do too and can't be there early.

Even with flex start you have to have an end time which would probably be the same time (6:05) which means "offer flex start" is a horrible idea that does not accomplish anything. Not to mention it's random draw doubles. If it was flex start you could show up and if you did not want to draw one of the people already there because they suck you could just wait until a later time to get a better partner. Bad idea all around. What other brilliant ideas you got?

??

Flex start doesn't fix this problem. Lets say you're having a random doubles with flex start from 4-6. Here's what happens. You have people trickling in from 4-6 which would be fine if it was singles and you could send a group of 3 out. But because it's doubles and random draw it doesn't really work because the people that show up early have less of a pool to chose from that's where the wait until later to have a better partner argument comes in.

Also it may get some groups out on the course earlier but the TD is still going to have to wait until everyone is done. And if it's a cash payout I'm pretty sure everyone else will want to stick around to possibly collect winnings you wouldn't know until the last group finishes if you won. For some of the people that show up early they could be finishing when the last group is starting. That's waiting an entire round.

And if this is on a week night most of the people are going to show up later anyway. So if you changed this one random draw doubles to a flex start the regulars are going ot show up at like 5:45 just out of routine. So yeah you have a "flex" start time but it doesn't matter because everyone is showing up at 6 anyway.

Flex start doesn't work. This guy is a jerk and should learn punctuality or just stop participating in doubles. One way or another problem solved

now /thread. before this turns into a trollfest.

??

absolutely a good idea if the people show up before your normal start time....but how is offering an earlier time going to get the people who show up late to come earlier? Oh that's right it won't. All that means is you have people showing up after six and finishing in the dark while the director waits on them.....all a flex start does is make sure the person running it will have more headaches. The problem is immature people who can't be somewhere on time. You eliminate them from your group and you can start and finish on time. That's why it's a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts