• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

HA! That place sure has/had its share of bums. Just before I moved away I was playing the capital hole and a nude old guy on a bike came crashing through and was gone as quickly as he appeared. Since it was Pease (RIP) I questioned if it was worthy of this thread since that's the norm.

my friends and i saw this same guy but he was wearing a dental floss thong and just rode right through us on the hole with the running track next to the tee.
aaaahhhh austin reminds me of new orleans in that you never know what you are going to see.

R.I.P.-Pease Park

hole 10 hickory run state park(100' away from restrooms) a group of us were getting ready to tee off when we saw a woman holding her 3-4 year old kid up in the air while they do a #2 on the fairway. Although discusted, we continued to play hoping that none of us got a "duece" on the hole.

my friends and i saw this same guy but he was wearing a dental floss thong and just rode right through us on the hole with the running track next to the tee.
aaaahhhh austin reminds me of new orleans in that you never know what you are going to see.

R.I.P.-Pease Park

Ha! That was him. He's diffidently bad naked that's for sure. He was like Borat's hippy cousin that is an addict for lots of attention.

At a tournament this weekend there were a bunch of people having a full on Nerf gun war. They had socks balled up and taped, for what I assume were grenades. At least 50 peeps running through our fairways with no regard as to what was going on around them.

You should've yelled "cruise missile!" and flung a driver at 'em low and fast. (Joke, no panty wadding required people!)

Was playing the Feather River Open this weekend and I was playing 17 on the temp course. I see another player on hole 18 running across the parking lot yelling "hey that's my effing disc". I look further down and sure enough a local Orovillian pulled up to his disc opens the door and grabs his disc and starts taking off. The guy catches up to the car and the guy throws the disc out and speeds off. Poor guy still had to finish the hole after sprinting down the course. Hilarious

People using the baskets as grills....... yeah

Bum getting slapped after messing with discs over and over...

Was playing the Feather River Open this weekend and I was playing 17 on the temp course. I see another player on hole 18 running across the parking lot yelling "hey that's my effing disc". I look further down and sure enough a local Orovillian pulled up to his disc opens the door and grabs his disc and starts taking off. The guy catches up to the car and the guy throws the disc out and speeds off. Poor guy still had to finish the hole after sprinting down the course. Hilarious

Can't believe the world we live in, where people blatantly try and steal other's discs right in front of them after they are walking up to their lie. Or when someone has been allowed to shoot through after you throw your drives(in a large group, trying not to hold others up) and they grab one of the discs like it's nothing.

R.I.P.-Pease Park

I was in Texas on vacation last year and I believe I saw the same guy. He was riding a bike. Probably about 60 years old and not afraid to show up what he got wearing a purple g-string.

I was in Texas on vacation last year and I believe I saw the same guy. He was riding a bike. Probably about 60 years old and not afraid to show up what he got wearing a purple g-string.

Male Age 60 loves bike riding and attention.

One day a couple years ago I was at Warrior's Path hole 6 I think before they cut out more than half of the trees. It's a huge down shot over a ton of trees and into an open fairway. Me and the group I was with were in the fairway doing our approaches when all of sudden a bunch of discs, like a herd or something, come crashing outta the tree line behind us be-lining it striaght for us. We all scramble to the ground covering our heads like from some war movie or something. Immediatly following the dozen or so discs, kids burst out from of the tree line behind the discs none of them could be any older than 11 or 12 and they are flailing and screaming wildly in full charge! They begin to fight over who threw what as others make for the basket playing right through us. It couldn't have been more than a minute before all the throwing, screaming, running, and bickering is over and the kids ran off towards the next hole. We inch our way back to standing and dust ourselves off as the dust clears. We all look at each other in a daze.

the 11 or 12 year olds we teeing off as far as you guys? yikes... haha

haha no they teed into the trees of the down shot then out of the tree line ... into us. They'd be pretty beast if that were true. It was like vietnam. discs coming from nowhere outta the trees.

Just yesterday at Oakland University, my friends and I found a deer skeleton on the side of the fairway. However, the hyde was in a tree about 60 feet away.

Not me, but some friends played their round with a little friend the other day!

turkey-1.jpg

They said it was just hanging out by a basket and then followed them around most of the course!!!

Last edited:
Found a wet looking dirty wife beater hanging from a branch, empty 40 of country club, half a pack of newports and a used rubber At my home course. On a 205 tunnel bout 9 feet wide totally covered on both sides the only people who usually go down it are mountain bikes and discgolfers. Guess the urge or desperation for a quickie spot was too high lol.

Just yesterday at Oakland University, my friends and I found a deer skeleton on the side of the fairway. However, the hyde was in a tree about 60 feet away.
My disc nearly rolled into that thing when it was fresh. Now you find various bones scattered across the course. Maybe a golden grizzly ate it... I crack myself up.