• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Fast or Slow do you Play?

How fast or slow do you play?

• Speedy Gonzales

Votes: 85 43.8%
  • Neither the fastest, nor the slowest

Votes: 93 47.9%
  • One of the slowest in my group

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Tortoise Speed

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

DiscGolfMaster

Par Member
Just by comparing yourself to others you play with or around on the course, how do you compare? Are you the slow guy in your group usually? The full 30 second user when you putt? Or are do you already know what disc to throw and how to throw before you even get to your lie? Do you always have to do a practice run up before every tee shot?

Me and my wife seem to be pretty speedy compared to just about everyone. We rarely get passed by anyone and if we do, it's usually by a jogger or a one disc round player. One time we were stuck behind ONE guy for the first 6 holes waiting on every tee pad. We were trying to play as slow as possible but were still on his tail, it was ridiculous.

Generally fast. Untill recently way to fast. By myself I tended to not take my time and throw bad shots. But when I'm walking I'm not taking my time.

Solo rounds depending on the course are almost Dan Schnabel fast. I play local courses solo with a baby stroller and dog in these times. Ham Lake 18 holes 25 minutes, Brp 27 hole 55-65 minutes, Hansen 12 hole 18-20 minutes. I play better fast than slow, 1 pump then go on putts. Extra lining up doesn't help me and makes me overthink.

Of the 30 seconds, I usually take maybe 7 or 8 of them. Unless it's one of those shots that has multiple options. Those will take a pinch longer.

I really don't understand those who do the fake out practice non-throw before the throw. Especially with putts. Played with this guy who would do 5 or 6 fake throws before his putt. I would start to move and he would fake again and again. Finally had to look away and wait until people moved before I would turn around. FTR, dude wasn't really that good of a putter. Why take so long? Don't over think it.

That's how the guy we were tailing putted Hampstead. He took soooo long on his putts. The longer I take, the worse I do and the farther away the basket seems to get lol.

I can be very fast, but if I'm practicing shots or testing discs I can be slow.

In tournaments I'm usually so fast people don't know I've thrown. On my own it just depends on how much time I have.

When I play alone, I play as fast as possible. Of course, I also balance that by throwing multiple discs quite often.

I'm usually one of the slowest I think... I've definitely come across folks that are slower, but not many, or maybe it's just in my head and I think I'm slow...

I think we play at a regular pace but there are so many people around who just rush through the course it gets annoying. I mean, I'm carrying a bag of discs and drinks in the heat, trying to keep pace while enjoying my afternoon and there are constantly people who get up our ass. They usually have 2 discs that they carry, and they walk while throwing. Especially if the course is crowded I try to not waste too much time. Seems like people want to finish the course in as little time as possible so they can get back to looking at their phones.

Quick for casual rounds, little slower and more deliberate for tournament rounds. I don't mind when casual/tournament players are slow walkers or are constantly fiddling with their gear before throwing. I get annoyed with guys that take forever to throw once their stance is established, mostly because I hate standing motionless for what ends up being 10s of minutes over the course of a round

I'm usually one of the slowest I think... I've definitely come across folks that are slower, but not many, or maybe it's just in my head and I think I'm slow...

Fwiw, when I played with you at the Majestic a couple years ago, I never thought you were slow at all.

Personally, I'm probably right in the middle. Deliberate, but not slow or putzy.

When I play with my dad we are pretty darn slow but it works and I don't mind, how could I, my dad is awesome. By myself or with others I'm pretty quick.

I prefer to play fairly quickly but the last couple of years I've slowed down to mimic the pace of tourney rounds. Has probably benefited my game more than rigorous putting practice.

Casual play I am in no hurry. Playing with a group I try to play ready golf

I'm generally very quick in my moves, even so that my cardmates sometimes ask me to slow down the tempo a little bit, or alternatively ask "could we take a short break"?

I hate when the course is crowded and I have to wait on the tee pads. Feels like I'm wasting my few and far between opportunities to play disc golf (I'm father of two).

I've tried to adjust my rhythm but I can't say that I like it :D.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I'm old and fat and sweat like a so & so in this sweltering heat and humidity down here in "paradise", so yeah, slow.

During the week I only have time for a quick round so I play very quickly especially if playing solo. ON the weekends I play with my buddies and usually moves considerably slower.

Shot selection, what disc to use, actually moving through the course, I'm usually all business and very efficient.

But when it comes to actually making the throw or putt, I'm more of a Nate Sexton. I'm deliberate and think through my form and visualize my shot before I execute, usually with at least one dry run.

People often speculate that I would play better if I just walked up and threw quickly, but I've found that when I do that my game suffers and I make stupid mistakes.