• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I could never give up Brand X because only Brand X makes ...

I agree, but I'm more likely to try one if I know why it's awesome. Instead of just taking someone's word that it is irreplaceable. You guys use it as an overstable approach disc that's shorter than a drone or what?

If you don't know, it's because you've never thrown one. :D

FWIW, I liken it to a Pig with more glide, just as much overstability, and it's not OOP.

I haven't gotten used to my Zone yet. You throw it hard, straight as an arrow. You back off and it's a meathook. At least it does the same thing every time you throw it "that way". (consistent).

I'll go with the giant Innova. Most of the discs I've thrown are theirs, but that's what is most available here.

I could never give up Lightning.. they pay me too much to leave. Oh... and I can't live without their #2 Roller. No one makes a replacement that is worthy.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

I agree, but I'm more likely to try one if I know why it's awesome. Instead of just taking someone's word that it is irreplaceable. You guys use it as an overstable approach disc that's shorter than a drone or what?

A shorter Drone is a good comparison. It's a little easier to work with than a Drone. The Zone doesn't seem as "wind sensitive" as the Drone. Mine doesn't turn over any more into a wind than with the wind. It just does that "straight when thrown hard, overstable when backed off of" no matter what.

Although... the Zone isn't my "no matter what" disc. I'm into the Lat64/Westside stuff.

Last edited:
I could almost go all dga except for the challenger, comet, and xl.

I have over 50 challengers.....I'm comitted.

Discraft because of my Buzzz ss. It's my go to off the tee and for approach shots. My most accurate disc for sure.

I'd be severely handicapped without my Ion and Fuse (MVP and Lat. 64 respectively). Since 90% of my game is in the short woods, the Soft Ion (straight, sneaky) and the Fuse (lots of annys and TOs) are huge staples.

I could prolly sub everything out, though Eagles would be the next hardest to replace (OLFs, Strikers, and Rivers probably). The MOS mid (Pain) would be easy (Nebula, MD2, QMS, Buzzz, Roc, the list goes on). I could go back to Magics from Summits w/o much problem.

There is one disc that stands out as the only really slow, extremely high speed overstable disc. The whippet. All the charts agree. The whippet is the only disc of its kind. And when the Texas winds kick back up, I'm sure that it will find its way back into my bag. I can't imagine anything else that can replace it for low, predictable, right angle turns in WIND.

my buzzz is the only discraft in my bag but cant be replaced by anything innova. if i had to get rid of innova, id be without a whole bag.

I have more Innova discs, but I would have a harder time replacing my Drone, Nuke and Magnet (once I make the switch.

I have more Innova discs, but I would have a harder time replacing my Drone, Nuke and Magnet (once I make the switch.

Good news!

nuke = destroyer
magnet = aviar putter
drone = #2 hyzer or blaze, and is close to (but slightly slower than) the banshee

Already carry a Champ Destroyer ;) They're similar for me, but the Nuke turns a bit more and my Destroyer eats headwinds for breakfast.
I just didn't like the feel of the Aviar though, but I'll trial it again at the local store.
I can't see myself giving up my FLX Drone though.

FWIW, I liken it to a Pig with more glide, just as much overstability, and it's not OOP.

don't be talkin **** about the pig now.... you peoples can have your zone. i prefer my oop pros that are easier to judge distance with because they have less glide and don't skip like hell when they hit.

I think I'd be lost with out Discraft's Z Flick. I don't know of another disc shaped even close to the Flick. It fits my hand and therefore my game perfectly.

And with out my Champ 150g Leopard, a big part of my game is lost. Maybe as much a mental part of the game as anything. It was the first disc that I could do anything and everything with. From drives to putts. So as long as they make 'em, Innova's got a spot in my bag.

What other discs out there compare to the Z Flick and the Champ 150g Leopard? I would consider dropping those loyalties if I could find a suitable replacements.

none i guess.

ive thrown everything i could get my hands on and i settled on the discs i now have and i love them, but i'm not totally stuck on them.

i think i could find a replacement for any disc and that i now throw and learn to love it just as much.