• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I could never give up Brand X because only Brand X makes ...

Lewis

* Ace Member *
Is there a brand you could never give up because of how irreplaceable a particular disc is to you?

A couple of examples...

I would have a hard time giving up Innova because the DX Roc works so well for me. I might be able to substitute in the Discraft Hornet, but I doubt it would be as sweet for me.

I would have a hard time giving up Discraft because I don't know what I would do without my Z Stalker. No other brand makes a disc quite like it, and I rely on it so heavily.

I would have a hard time giving up Vibram because I can drive with their putters without worrying about damaging them with tree hits. The peace of mind I get from driving with rubber putters allows me to relax and drive more accurately on short holes.

I may sound like a douche and I mean not to but I feel I can throw any disc put in my hands. Give me a little time with it and it is money. The name or brand does not matter to me as much as it used to.

The only disc I really feel this way about is the River...It just does things that I can't really explain,it's what I use off the tee quite a bit,and I love using it for really floaty FH approaches.

Rocs are pretty awesome too,but I feel if I truly needed too,I could use something comparable.

I could never give up Innova because they make the Destroyer, Firebird, TeeBird, TL, Roc, and Aviar.

Discmania: PD

Discraft: Buzzz

I'd never leave Lat64, as they make Opto and Gold lines of plastic. I could make do without the Halo, and possibly the striker, but the River is perfect.

:(

That's me the day my bag doesn't contain a Soft or FLX Challenger.
Long as they keep makin'em them the way they're makin'em, Discraft's got a guaranteed spot in my bag.

I love my Buzzz, Nebula, Comet, and Drone as well, and while I wouldn't want to replace them, I think changing to something else wold have less impact on my game than replacing my Challenger.

Aerobie Epic...without that, I would actually play better...wait I traded that.

FREEDOM!!!!!

On the real (fer shizzle) I would be rather lost without my Innova discs...

Buzzz. Best disc ever!

I don't think i could go with out Innova or Lat64. They both make some of the best discs out there. I think I would quit disc golfing completely if I had to use Vibram.

At the moment, the Westside Sword is my favorite disc in the bag. The Swedish / Finnish plastic is just awesome.

As for the Vibram putters. They give me peace of mind on drives too. You can't tear them up... just rip 'em.

The hardest discs for me to replace would be my rocs and wizards. That said, the only reason to be brand exclusive is for sponsorship, so I would happily find suitable replacements in the unlikely event a disc company wanted me on the team.

I can never give up on DiscDevil because I love my timberwolf.

What makes the zone so irreplaceable? I vote you have to say why here, no posts with just a name.

What makes the zone so irreplaceable? I vote you have to say why here, no posts with just a name.

If you don't know, it's because you've never thrown one. :D

FWIW, I liken it to a Pig with more glide, just as much overstability, and it's not OOP.