• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this really the reason to go to a course?

By the looks of that review, looks like he did some beer drinking before he wrote that review.

if the course dosnt allow alcohol i would report that review to be taken down, otherwise i think its o.k. i myself enjoy 1 or 2 quality brews a round once and awhile and that would tell me that that probally wasnt a very challenging course but a good place to have relaxing round of dg or it could be a place full of morons either way that dosnt look like a very good review.

as far as putting stuff about weed in a review unless its NorCal i dont think thats a good idea that could bring some bad p.r. to the course, but i think adding stuff about it not being 4:20 friendly is alright.

So you're saying warnings are cool, but not endorsements? We need a code- "The duck flies at this course at midnight"
Look for that in my future reviews.

At Lum's Pond the duck never flies...in fact I think he is currently under the influence of an adult beverage. I don't have any problems with legal drinking as long as people do it in moderation, don't act like idiots and POLICE THEIR TRASH (of course that goes for the guys drinking the 40 oz Gatorade bottles too).

I see more water bottles/Gatorade then I do beer cans

At Lum's Pond the duck never flies...in fact I think he is currently under the influence of an adult beverage. I don't have any problems with legal drinking as long as people do it in moderation, don't act like idiots and POLICE THEIR TRASH (of course that goes for the guys drinking the 40 oz Gatorade bottles too).

they hide in the bushes at lums...worthless ****ing cops..

Most of the courses I play, beer cans area dime a dozen, or 12 for 10 cents depending on where you shop.

Always have a few when I'm playing with friends, or my girlfriend. Rarely drink when I'm playing alone. It's no fun to drink alone.

do most people actually pay attention to those "no drinking allowed" signs.....i have never seen that deter anyone from opening a brewski....hell we even have cops patrol the area and people still dont care..lol

my home course is on a dry campus and we refrain until after the round at a bar...if people choose to break the law, they pay the penalty IF caught..i believe the cops have better things to do than look for criminals on a disc golf course..but, maybe not in some cities(va beach, kirkwood, del.)

i personally think its a nice add on. i personally do not smoke, but i do like to enjoy a beverage on the course. even if you are 21, having beer on you whether allowed on the course or not its still nice to know.

I dont see a problem with the drinking as long as its not illegal on the course. I mean I am watching th HR derby now and there are beer signs and it is sponsored by Budwieser and its at Busch stadium haha. I do think the weed thing is not a very good way to promote the sport to outsiders (sponsors and families)

But I agree that the review sucked as it did not have much content.

What good does it do to enjoy a beer in the DG park when you are not supposed to if that means the course will either get pull or it could jeopardize the building of a new course. I can sacrifice my beer consumption for the sake of furthering the sport. As far as putting it in reviews well that is up to the reviewer. If you choose to do so be prepared to give everyone one the impression that you are only in to DG to drink. Which is cool with me as long as you don't get drunk and throw on me while I am putting.

This seems to be a societal issue more than anything, I think MLK JR said something to the effect that an unjust law doesn't have to be obeyed. I hate that alcohol has such a bad stigma here b/c most Americans don't know how to drink. They drink to get faced and that is a no no. Quality over quantity people. I'm Scots-Irish and I envy so much how they do it everywhere not named the US and the Middle East. Go to the pub, get some pints and some sing-songs in, hop on a train to the stadium, watch the match, back on the train to the pub, more pints, walk home.

I enjoy DG enough to play w/o some beers but it's nice to have them when you do. This is just much ado over nothing really.

This seems to be a societal issue more than anything, I think MLK JR said something to the effect that an unjust law doesn't have to be obeyed. I hate that alcohol has such a bad stigma here b/c most Americans don't know how to drink. They drink to get faced and that is a no no. Quality over quantity people. I'm Scots-Irish and I envy so much how they do it everywhere not named the US and the Middle East. Go to the pub, get some pints and some sing-songs in, hop on a train to the stadium, watch the match, back on the train to the pub, more pints, walk home.

I enjoy DG enough to play w/o some beers but it's nice to have them when you do. This is just much ado over nothing really.

I have to agree that we make way too big an issue over drinking here in the US. Too many people never learn to drink in a responsible way, or learn how much they can drink without being ridiculous to the people around them. If you look at any country where drinking isn't such a big deal, and there isn't a deal made of getting to the age where you can drink, there is a much lower incidence of alcohol abuse.

/end rant.

I have to agree that we make way too big an issue over drinking here in the US. Too many people never learn to drink in a responsible way, or learn how much they can drink without being ridiculous to the people around them. If you look at any country where drinking isn't such a big deal, and there isn't a deal made of getting to the age where you can drink, there is a much lower incidence of alcohol abuse.

/end rant.

Exactly, I think the biggest crime here in the US (well, not really, you know what I mean) is that as a parent you cannot give your kids beer. If I have kids I will teach them how to drink properly and responsibly when they are high school age. They're going to be around it anyway, they might as well be able know their limits and the rules of moderation or they'll think that chugging liquor, doing keg stands, and bonging beers is a good idea. If they think drinking beers is no big thing b/c they've been knocking back the occasional brew with Pops that is a WIN.

Latest posts