• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

keep disc golf underground?

Nah this is about ignorant jerks who have no regard for the game, the course, other players, or the things that drew so many to the sport.

The rich kid comment was about the college kids who attend Lehigh University a college near South Mtn DGC....school is very expensive and is basically Ivy League....I agree lots of out of touch kids there

I am not a top pro...Im terrible actually.....but what has always kept me interested in DG through all of my sucking and slow improvement has been the decent people who have cared for and cultivated the sport.

The type who would encourage a struggling noob, return a lost disc, let you play along, let you play through, answer any question eagerly, explain ettiquette w/o being pretentious

When a veteran player or a new player rolls their eyes at a noobs skill, hordes and sells lost discs, doesnt let you play along or play through, scoofs and laughs at 'dumb' questions, admonishes someone for breaking ettiquete I have a problem with that

When a group of players just spits in the face of everything that has made DG so great I have a problem with that.

I see it on the course and I am seeing on the forums as well.

Preserve the Vibe and the game's greatness will take care of itself

^:clap:

Last edited:
I went with my daughter again today, and she is slower than molasses but I enjoyed the quality time with her. I feel honored that she would want go discing with me. She knows she sucks but she wants to do it because I enjoy it. What is better than that?????????

I went with my daughter again today, and she is slower than molasses but I enjoyed the quality time with her. I feel honored that she would want go discing with me. She knows she sucks but she wants to do it because I enjoy it. What is better than that?????????

?????? does your daughter get drunk on the course act rude and break benches with boulders?

Nah this is about ignorant jerks who have no regard for the game, the course, other players, or the things that drew so many to the sport.

The rich kid comment was about the college kids who attend Lehigh University a college near South Mtn DGC....school is very expensive and is basically Ivy League....I agree lots of out of touch kids there

I am not a top pro...Im terrible actually.....but what has always kept me interested in DG through all of my sucking and slow improvement has been the decent people who have cared for and cultivated the sport.

The type who would encourage a struggling noob, return a lost disc, let you play along, let you play through, answer any question eagerly, explain ettiquette w/o being pretentious

When a veteran player or a new player rolls their eyes at a noobs skill, hordes and sells lost discs, doesnt let you play along or play through, scoofs and laughs at 'dumb' questions, admonishes someone for breaking ettiquete I have a problem with that

When a group of players just spits in the face of everything that has made DG so great I have a problem with that.

I see it on the course and I am seeing on the forums as well.

Preserve the Vibe and the game's greatness will take care of itself

Bingo! Hit it right on the head. Not everyone is going to become a Pro player. I always say to people, "I may have played this sport for near 20 years off and on. But that doesn't make me great." South Mountain was one of my favorite courses in this area after learning the game in Pittsburgh. Part of what made the game enjoyable was the attitude of the people playing and it was free. Play a round with you, talk discs, offer help if you asked and no-one dogged you for not being a Pro player. I guess there are pockets left, where it still is the same. Other areas seem to be going downhill fast with a large influx of new players. The days of the layed back easy going grass smoker are being replaced with the it's all about me generation.

A disc golf course was a gift and you took care of it, helped and threw in a few bucks to help out with costs. I was amazed in the beginning, all the work the locals did to make the course better for free. Now when I see some of the new players dropping trash, beer cans, ruin benches and tee signs. I know the sport is changing and you can't prevent the winds of change. Wishing for the days of old is just a sign that you are getting older.

I have taken my son to play since he was 4, yes we were slow too. I always let people play through. He watched me pick up cigarette butts around every tee pad and put them in my pocket or the next trash can. Pick up trash and empty water bottles and beer cans left behind and carry then to the trash cans. Sometimes looking at me like I was a nut case, why bother he would say. Always saying, because if everyone just did a little bit this place won't become a shait hole. Think of the guys who did and do all the work so you can play for free. He now picks up trash, bottles, cans and carries them to the trash can. But, he hands me all the butts? You see my point.......

The days of the layed back easy going grass smoker are being replaced with the it's all about me generation.

A disc golf course was a gift and you took care of it, helped and threw in a few bucks to help out with costs. I was amazed in the beginning, all the work the locals did to make the course better for free. Now when I see some of the new players dropping trash, beer cans, ruin benches and tee signs. I know the sport is changing and you can't prevent the winds of change. Wishing for the days of old is just a sign that you are getting older.

this... my point exactly... it 's the kids i tells ya, it's the kids... as much as i miss the days of being the only group out there, the future is now and it just isn't like that anymore...

I don't mind new players, I actually welcome new players and offer them to ask any questions they may have. The problem is that, even in the short time I've been playing, the people are changing:(
I'm known to disc for 12hr stretches- I prefer to play with others so I always ask to join. I have always took this opportunity to lead by example. This year it seemed as though none of the new players wanted me to join- they looked at me like I was on crack.

How can we help promote ettiquite when they don't even want us to join them?

I try and go to more "difficult" courses where people who play, PLAY... And everyone seems a little more respectable. All the "easy" 9 holers around are always packed often at peak times.

Now when I see some of the new players dropping trash, beer cans, ruin benches and tee signs. I know the sport is changing and you can't prevent the winds of change. Wishing for the days of old is just a sign that you are getting older.

I've been playing since 97 and this has been a problem since then, so I'm not seeing the change. Half the graffiti and litter and everything else isn't a result of disc golfers but other people using the park for other reasons besides disc golf.

To be honest I enjoy a good laugh at some of that table graffiti.

I got my masters at Lehigh, but I unfortunately did not have a vehicle and was able to only play one course out there once.

Snobby rich kids can be annoying, but lets not put the whole university into that light. It seems like any course in a populated area has hooligans running around. As much as I would hate to see it, I think pay to play would be the best way to stop these things from happening.

You morons that spew crap like "rich kids suck", "rich kids are out of touch", or "rich kids are snobs" are no different that the idiots that think people that don't have money are all stupid, uneducated, and annoying.

You morons that spew crap like "rich kids suck", "rich kids are out of touch", or "rich kids are snobs" are no different that the idiots that think people that don't have money are all stupid, uneducated, and annoying.

thanks-for-the-info.jpg

Boo-freaking-hoo.
Oh my god, kids were acting like kids!!!!
Who would have ever thought that kids might act like kids...
What kind of grumpy old man do you sound like? Maybe we should keep it underground <sob> and not let these <sniff> kids play and ruin my good time.<sob, sob, sniff>
Big baby:)

See, if kids were allowed to blow their hands off with M-80s, we wouldn't have to worry about them on our DG courses.