• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

Two weeks from know Legacy will have Rampages in excel and protege plastic. They also told me that they will be running rampages as low as 160-175g. Steve Rico was super excited about the protege plastic that was coming out like a older proline/kc plastic. The pinnacle plastic will be run in the upper 160's, but not in the low 160's. Exciting news and the tooling on the 2nd runs has been fixed. The tooling now reads www.legacydiscs.com. So in 10 years when you want to know what were the true second run Rampages were. They will have the tooling www.legacydisc.com. 1st runs have no tooling. The cannon is currently having the mold made.

Official Legacy Discs Updates/Info

What's up golfers? So, Lion here - he's the man! Thank you so much for continuing to support us in this forum.

I wanted to drop the following info off here: Like us at www.facebook.com/legacydiscs and check us out at www.legacydiscs.com

We are about to launch our retail store at www.legacydiscs.com and will be focused on keeping the information there and at our www.facebook.com/legacydiscs page updated with the current news about our continued growth.

Feel free to hit us up with questions, suggestions, etc. through our comment portal at www.legacydiscs.com - Play with Confidence!

Great lookin website!!

and more thanks to Lion for bringing the DGCRers to the future of Legacy!

Legacy is getting it's name built in CO and I am excited to see excellent products continuing from you guys.
Support the Rico's, support a Legacy.

Picked up a Rampage yesterday just for the hell of it. It was a pearly lime-green color in Pinnacle plastic with metallic rainbow stamp; very cool looking. The shop only had max weights available, so this one ended up being the lightest I could find at 174.

The disc quality seemed nice, with no significant flash or "nipple". Only real downside is the stamp started to wear off even before I threw the damn thing.

Anyway, apparently I don't have the arm speed or strength for this thing. It's way too beefy for my taste... Or throw. I don't know if it just needs to break in a little, but I suppose I just need to stick with slower discs. I threw a Z Nuke OS last week as well and they behaved very similarly... Max distance was somewhere around 300-325' without wind. I may hang onto it for super windy days but we really don't have those around my (very wooded) courses very often. There's only a few wide open holes where it might become useful.

Probably a sweet disc for people that have the speed or form to back it up.

I just picked one of these bad boys up today at play it again. Its a cool teal green color, kinda looks like gold line plastic. so my question is this: i throw a havoc as my go to. in terms of stability how do they differ? my havoc is 13, 5, -1, 3. the rampage is 14, 5, -1, 4. will it be more overstable then my havoc?

no...it means it has less high speed turn, regardless of what line you're trying to throw

i guess what im trying to ask is will it fly kinda like my havoc? the reason i ask is because i love my havoc, but could use some extra distance(who cant?). just trying to see if the rampage fits the bill.

Havoc is (from what I've seen) a pretty understable disc. The Rampage should fly much more stable.

The Havocs also vary quite a bit. The first runs were very understable. It really depends on which run you have.

It wouldn't fly like a Havoc. The Havoc has more high speed turn (more than the -2 rating it's given, in my opinion; though I'm sure that depends on the plastic type). I'm able to get some pretty good distance out of a Havoc with a nice S-line. However, the Rampage flies straight only if I rip it super hard, then fades hard at the end of its flight.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, though, because I'm clearly not able to get the Rampage up to the appropriate speed.

So the rampage wont do a nice s-line? i guess ill just have to try and throw this monster and find out. im not sure what run my havoc is, but its the flatest hacoc ive ever seen. almost no dome at all.

It may for some people, but definitely not me. You can throw mine if you want to try it out before buying. I live in Eugene and play out at Dexter a few times a week.

It may for some people, but definitely not me. You can throw mine if you want to try it out before buying. I live in Eugene and play out at Dexter a few times a week.

Even the guys I gave it to that can throw to 500+ ft still need to add a bit of torque to the Rampage to get it to flex. It won't do it on its own unless there is some wind.

Even the guys I gave it to that can throw to 500+ ft still need to add a bit of torque to the Rampage to get it to flex. It won't do it on its own unless there is some wind.

I've been battling with the Rampage for 2 full weeks now. I can now get some torque on the disc and have it flex over quite nicely. It's been touch and go...I've almost taken it out twice. This past weekend won me over on this disc. Saturday was 40 mph gusts and this disc fought the wind beautifully. Headwind, tailwind, side...didn't matter, it is a nice wind flyer. On Sunday, it was rainy day flying. Great grip and the glide was wonderful. I've been fighting the glide...it's been kind of hard to keep it down low. Well, it worked great for some air bombs in the rain. It may just be a keeper yet!!

Well i took it out today to westmoreland and had some good results actually. I throw RHFH mostly, and it did give me a nice s-line. It got me about a extra 20 or so feet on my drive, so im sold. Needs a ton of tourqe though. much more then my havoc it seems. soulsuit, you ever play westie?

Right on, good to hear it's working out for ya.

I don't play at Westie much anymore. Actually, I haven't been back since somebody launched on me while I was walking to my disc and drilled me in the head with a driver only 40 ft from the launchpad. :(

To be fair, I think they didn't see me because of some bushes but still not something I'd like to experience again... That sh*t hurts.

Right on, good to hear it's working out for ya.

I don't play at Westie much anymore. Actually, I haven't been back since somebody launched on me while I was walking to my disc and drilled me in the head with a driver only 40 ft from the launchpad. :(

To be fair, I think they didn't see me because of some bushes but still not something I'd like to experience again... That sh*t hurts.
That seems to be a common thing at that course.. no good man. i get launched on quite a bit too. :thmbdown: never hit though. So on the legacy topic, arent they coming out with a new disc soon?

Latest posts