• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking Your Discs?

^Maybe a silhouette of somebody writing on a pin? :D

I actually bumped this thread because I was curious if some of you have specific marks on your discs. Some of our locals do this. One guy puts 3 giant dots across the top of the disc. I call it AIRllipsis because discs fly in the air and three dots means ellipsis. "Get it, Bart? R D R R?"

I write the name of my disc all over the inside rim. I do this so I can spot which disc I want easily in my bag, and it also makes it really easy to spot if someone else has one of my discs. I have never seen anyone else do this:

Markeddiscs.jpg

I write my first name and phone number on all of my discs. I don't expect to get all of them back, but there are enough good souls out there that I do get some of them back. As for it being "a waste of time," it takes what, maybe 30 seconds to write your name and phone number on your disc? At $15 a disc, and only a 10% return rate, that's $180 an hour. I don't know about others, but that's a lot better rate than I get paid at work. I wish I could make $375,000 a year working 40-something hours a week, but hey, if you do, maybe you don't need to get greedy and keep discs that have other people's names on them. ;)

Last edited:
Here is the original thread on this subject.

Updates on the rubber stamp thing I posted about.

rubberstamps.net was the site and I got my custom stamp for $36 with the stuff in the picture.

The ink is still on most of the good plastics after 2 years and is clearly visible. The DX plastic did not hold the ink as well. The ink soaks into the plastic just like the dyes do. So after time it is not going to come off.

I found that if you stamp closer to the center area, it holds up much better too. It gets no hand rubbing wear there and will soak in over time better without smearing.

I hope you like the pictures. I brought them forward from the old thread. If you have questions on the rubber stamp, let me know here and I will try to answer them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I recently started to put my guitar's name on the disc (Shelby J. Tanner) :D Guy's are much more likely to return it if they believe it's a woman.

my uncle whom i play with just puts his email.

Latest posts