• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smoothest player

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I have watched alot of pros and open players, both in person and on youtube, so who do you think is the smoothest with each shot. Forehand? Backhand? Lefty? Righty? Add more if you would like, but from what i've witnessed it seems like this:
backhand: mcbeth, brinster, and jon baldwin, (super smooth i caddied for him)
Forearm: jenkins, wysocki, and koling
Lefties: max nichols, devan owens.
Feel free to add women or different categories. I know that this is a bit controversial, but i would like to see what people think

I like that lefties get their own category like we're a bunch of freaks.

Smooth BH, smooth FH, lefty...

Reminds me of this
thumbs_wtf_it_doesnt_matter_if_you_are_black_yellow_brown_or_normal.jpg

Last edited:
Smoothest FH is clearly Koling and it's not even close.

Backhand : Will S.
Forehand : Koling

I see smooth as something that has a "good" rythme, "natural" movements and most importantly, that looks effortless. For that, I don't see how Wysocki would be smoother than Koling, and that says nothing at all about the question of which one is better at it. For backhand, I find MJ follow through "weird" looking (not saying it's bad or anything like that) and thus does not fit my smooth definition. Paul M. and Will S. are close, but the amplitude of movement from Will makes it look smoother to me, if that makes any sense.

I can't believe Barry Shultz hasn't been mentioned here. Dude is like butter

Wysocki's FH is incredible, but it is NOT smooth -- looks painful every time. Same with his BH.

Koling's FH looks like he's skipping a rock.

Lefty is Devon Owens I guess by default.

Here's Barry, MJ, Jerm and Wiggins. Watch Jerm, he throws FH on almost every tee in this vid. So smooth.

Wysocki's FH is incredible, but it is NOT smooth -- looks painful every time. Same with his BH.

i agree, i would by no means call ricky smooth.
obv big jerm takes the FH cake.
i like watching barry, but not sure smooth is right word. he is very deliberate and mechanical imo.

I would say:

BH: McBeth with Will S. coming in at a close second. I love watching both of these guys throw. Simply amazing.

FH: No one touches Big Jerm. I've never seen such an effortless 400 + flick.

I would say either Will or Paige have the smoothest BH. I agree that McBeth is really smooth, but his throw seems so compact (so explosive) that I think it gives Will and Paige an edge.