• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

One of the TSA guys stated Bell can use an open bag on a reddit thread.

I'm wondering if that'll change in the future when they have a full line of discs.

He probably has to have a percentage of his bag as TSA discs....or he can't use other discs if there is a TSA disc that meets the need. For example...he wants a 9 speed understable disc...he has to use the TSA Mantra. But if he wants a 6 speed understable disc, TSA doesn't have any, so he can use another brand.

Infinite had the same 'rule' - percentage of the bag had to be Infinite...anything else had to come from what they sell. Not sure what the agreement is now that Innova supplies Infinite's discs....but my guess is it would be the same deal.

Legacy had the same deal....I have a friend sponsored by them and a certain percentage had to be Legacy.

I need to practice being more fun and lighthearted instead of, "oh yeah, great throw, me. I only hit two trees? I bet I can kick even further into the creek on this next shot!"
And
"Watch how far I can skip off the top of the basket on this 20 footer!"

i really go back and forth, sometimes i am good with playing like hot garbage and sometimes it annoys me to no end. At the end of the day i remind myself that the walk in the park with all the trees is what i am really out here for.

People have bad days, some more than others, no issues with wearing your emotions on your sleeve. Some of these guys are competing for a living at this point so the stakes are higher for some. Same people that call some players vanilla for not having emotions or a personality also hate people with emotions and a personality.

end thread drift

That's true, and Hunter is rated 970 something. Trevor I think is sub 930 but plays open anyway.

That's awesome, I didn't realize they were that good I don't follow them super closely, I remember thinking Trevor had some game. Very cool. Are they sponsored by Discraft Underground too?

That's awesome, I didn't realize they were that good I don't follow them super closely, I remember thinking Trevor had some game. Very cool. Are they sponsored by Discraft Underground too?

Silly me I thought Nick Carl was a member of Foundation. That would place a little more weight behind my statement.

I guess you can tell how closely I follow them. :)

Also I thought they where sponsored by Paul and Brodie.

trevor probably shouldn't be playing MPO

At a DGPT/Major event, no. Locally, why not? At 970, he'd definitely cash at most local C tier events, and even win some too. We've got a very competitive local professional scene in Michigan and most of the MPO players who cash and/or win are usually around 950 - 990ish or so. I see people who are even lower than 950 who can put up good rounds and cash.

trevor probably shouldn't be playing MPO

Ehh, he may not be as good as MPO players but my local club is begging more players to move into MPO so I'll lever complain when someone plays up. That is unless they are 800 rated and creating a backup.

At a DGPT/Major event, no. Locally, why not? At 970, he'd definitely cash at most local C tier events, and even win some too. We've got a very competitive local professional scene in Michigan and most of the MPO players who cash and/or win are usually around 950 - 990ish or so. I see people who are even lower than 950 who can put up good rounds and cash.

trevor is 925 rated. his last rated rounds are 849, 897, 917, 894, 934. hunter playing MPO makes sense

I'm pretty sure Hunter is the owner and Brodie and Paul just invested. But I could be wrong.

That could well be. Their 'About' on the website doesn't really say much. I do know that Brodie wasn't in on the start; so it could be as you said - Paul and Brodie are just financial backers. But, then, depending on how much they've invested into the Foundation Disc Golf business....they could be majority owners that just leave the operations to Hunter.

I'm pretty confident Hunter, Brodie, and Paul all have a significant financial stake in Foundation as a business. Whether this makes them owners vs investors, I'm not really sure but in this context, I don't see much of a difference. I think that also explains why Brodie and Paul still do so much content for that YT channel when they also have their own channels.

Also, Nick Carl's podcast "The Nick and Matt Show" is uploaded to YT under the Foundation Podcasts channel so there's some kind professional relationship there beyond just being friends with Paul and the other Foundation guys.

Weren't Paul and Brodie the financial force behind the purchasing of Flight Club or whatever "brand" they purchased?

They can still make the announcement "so and so will be joining our team for the 2022 season." I doubt they waiting until Q2 to add members to their team.

They might just be waiting for the start of the season....

Different brand, but I talked to Ezra in the offseason when he wasn't sponsored yet...supposedly. I asked if he had gotten sponsored yet. He said yes but that he couldn't say anything more about it until the sponsor released the information and that would be at the start of the season.

Latest posts