• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Just got 2 O-Laces from disc golf center. One has a slight dome and the other is completely flat. It's snowing in WI so won't be able to throw them quite yet. Anybody have a flat or domey O-Lace and notice a significant difference in stability?

Inevitably, there's going to be some variance from run to run...
Personally, I don't mind. Well, until I can't find another...

Soft lace

Got a 170g soft lace the other day and had the chance for about 6 throws in an open field. Normally I use a 164g M and can get it somewhere around 330' with a strong fade. Anything heavier and it fades too earlier, and lighter will flip and burn. Well, this soft flew so amazingly straight for about 350' with minimal fade! The release will take some work, because I kept throwing it about 4' off the ground for its entire flight. Should be perfect for many shots here in the PNW.

I'm still pretty green at this sport, and I've tried soft in every other vibram disc, but this is the first one that has worked for me. Can't wait to try soft in the O- and unLace.

I had never concerned myself with PLH's before. Now that I am more serious about buying discs I just wanted a more informative answer, please excuse my snippy-ness it happens on occasion. Vibram for life! And thank you for actually responding instead of telling me to buy mvp instead! haha
PLH and You

I found something about the O-Lace that I was not all that impressed with recently. Of course I found a few really good things about it as well.

In advance of an Arctic cold front hitting the Denver Metro area around noon today I went out and played a round this morning before work. Probably played during the warmest part of the day.

On the positive side, I think there are good things in the future for the O-Lace as a forehand disc. Not necessarily the huge Flex Shot forehand, but at least a good straight forehand. That means that the O-Lace has pretty much kicked one disc out of my bag.

The hopes that it would kick two or three out is an epic failure. I threw a thumber with it and it was less than acceptable. So, I shall continue to use my Nuke OS and Force for a while until Vibram gives me my Mo-Lace. I still really like the O-Lace, more and more every day.

Got a Globex (glow Obex) recently. The non glow Obex I have is very domey, but the Globex is flat. What's up with that? What is the Obex supposed to be, flat or domey? I prefer the flat.

From your description, my guess is that the Obex should be somewhere in between these two! It has a moderate dome, imo.

From your description, my guess is that the Obex should be somewhere in between these two! It has a moderate dome, imo.

Shouldn't you be cutting Christmas trees or something? :D

Hi Steve...been meaning to call you, will soon. Loving the Five Fingers :thmbup:

_1383853131.jpg

Event registration is now open!
Player registration starts January 1st.
Events run from March 1 to June 1.

Run a Vibram Birdie Bash Info: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/run-a-vbb.html
(Note: The VBB is a great way to step into TDing events. We make it easy and fun.)

_1383853131.jpg

(Note: The VBB is a great way to step into TDing events. We make it easy and fun.)

WOOHOO! This is exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

I also want to say, I just ordered my first set of O-Laces from Community Discs on Tuesday and they just arrived today! I wish the weather was better so I could try them out but it's cold and snowing right now in OKC. I want to thank Justin once again for an incredibly fast delivery and great customer service. He also threw in a sweet Vibram mini! I love this sport!

So I've put in a handful of rounds with my new Glow discs (Ascent, Ibex, Sole) and O-Lace. In regards to the glow discs, I'm not sure if it is because of the cold or I haven't worn out the initial mold stiffness yet, but they are all more OS than I am used to in these molds. Not complaining, I actually like them a lot! Anyone else find this this to be true?

And as for the O-Lace, it is BEEFY for my arm speed. Plus, I got one of the really flat ones and I love flat discs for FH. And as I was hoping to replace my flat Star Destroyer that I used as my main FH driver, this is a great fit. I still don't have it quite dialed in, for some reasons I have a little trouble with my FH with Vibram discs. The rubber seems to stick to my fingers a little too well and I end up pulling my drive a little. But I got used to it with my Ascents and VPs , which are my favorite discs to flick. I am getting some laser straight flights with a great hard fade, just need to get the release point down.

_1383853131.jpg

^This is going to be stellar. I will be hosting one in StL. Can't wait to flex my vibrams a little.

So I've put in a handful of rounds with my new Glow discs (Ascent, Ibex, Sole) and O-Lace. In regards to the glow discs, I'm not sure if it is because of the cold or I haven't worn out the initial mold stiffness yet, but they are all more OS than I am used to in these molds. Not complaining, I actually like them a lot! Anyone else find this this to be true?

And as for the O-Lace, it is BEEFY for my arm speed. Plus, I got one of the really flat ones and I love flat discs for FH. And as I was hoping to replace my flat Star Destroyer that I used as my main FH driver, this is a great fit. I still don't have it quite dialed in, for some reasons I have a little trouble with my FH with Vibram discs. The rubber seems to stick to my fingers a little too well and I end up pulling my drive a little. But I got used to it with my Ascents and VPs , which are my favorite discs to flick. I am getting some laser straight flights with a great hard fade, just need to get the release point down.

Got a glow Obex (Glowbex) a couple of weeks ago & used it for the first time this weekend. I one-disced it at a nearby pitch & putt course. This disc had a lot of fight to it (speaking from a sidearm perspective), in the wind as well. It also went really straight & long when given some snap. If the glows are stable, then I may have to try the entire glow line-up.

_1383853131.jpg

Best way to get some new Vibram Discs, hands down. Hopefully I will be able to play in one this year.

^ No doubt the best way to 'experiment' with the Vibram kool-aide. I missed last year because of hand surgery, but I'll be playing this year for sure!

11257692875_a51b28ac93.jpg

11257789063_94589816b3.jpg

Glow Ridge that just arrived in the mail today. I gave it about two to three minutes of charging with a UV flashlight. I have to say I am impressed. Unfortunately I do not have the camera setup to do the disc justice. At least in the absolute darkness of my bathroom I had no trouble finding the disc.