• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Happened To Scott Stokely?

The way your throwing a tantrum makes it seem like you're still in high school. We get that you don't like the names. See you in another thread.:\

Yes, I'm having a fit over here. I think the names are juvenile, I think it's okay to say so on the internet when the topic comes up. I understand that this upsets you. Sorry buddy, hope your day gets better.

That "safer" comment caught my attention too. Interesting.

Interesting cuz Gateway had one of the most dangerous discs on the market out. Don't know if they're still making the Ninja but they specifically went beyond the PDGA approvable rim width limit.

That "safer" comment caught my attention too. Interesting.

safety meeting . . . ; )

really though, dumb names. kinda disappointed but hey, it is what it is. i'm not making discs so i can't bash too hard. will be trying a putter from them if they can use gateway plastic.

still not as bad as "freedom" though.

The "special additives" caught my attention. Do you actually light the disc and smoke it?

The "special additives" caught my attention. Do you actually light the disc and smoke it?

I was wondering if anybody else noticed that or if we were just ignoring it.

Having a bad round? Awwwww yeah forget throwing the plastic just whip out your lighter and jiggajigga#420blazeit.

:doh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just a weighting agent that maybe nobody else has tried but the way he said it was kind of funny.

didn't gateway make some hemp discs a few years ago?

I think the names are weird, but I'd try a couple becuase Stokley is suck a character. Just listening to the things he looks for in a disc make me think he might be out of touch with a lot of the general throwing public are into.

Most people like durable discs when some grip plastic like star, TP, gold, liquid, 400and Ti are dominating players bags, and it sounds like he made a very gummy Suregrip or Pro type plastic. I don't know if that will make them good sellers regaurdless of the names. If that type of plastic were popular everyone would bag more Gateway.

I wonder if it is hemp derived plastic? I would imagine that it would make an interesting disc. I have heard hemp is incredibly durable.

"Hemp plastic can be five times stiffer and 2.5 times stronger than polypropylene (PP) plastic"

http://hempwaterbottles.tripod.com/what-is-hemp-plastic.html

That being said, I think the disc names are awesome and have a hell of a lot more flavor to them than "D4" or "M3" ;)

I wonder if it is hemp derived plastic? I would imagine that it would make an interesting disc. I have heard hemp is incredibly durable.

"Hemp plastic can be five times stiffer and 2.5 times stronger than polypropylene (PP) plastic"

http://hempwaterbottles.tripod.com/what-is-hemp-plastic.html

That being said, I think the disc names are awesome and have a hell of a lot more flavor to them than "D4" or "M3" ;)

Gateway has done some versions of the Organic S line (I think they were called Puff Daddies, I've seen Blazes for sell under this moniker) that had a hemp blend and I think they were pretty good flyers, something that maybe feels like those blended with possibly some of the eraser or rff material is what I imagine these would feel like, probably going to be money in wet and cold conditions.

I met Scott this past weekend at a tourney north of Dallas. Dude sticks out with his energy, and attitude (and he's just a tall and lanky.) he was awesome to chat with. Very approachable and he shot one of the best rounds of the weekend. Good to see the 'older' guys still going strong.

What really was cool to me was as he was leaving he made sure to divert his path just to say bye. I have talked to a lot of local pros, touring pros, tds, and promoters at events and this was the first time one had impressed me with such a small act of kindness. He's got a fan no matter how his stuff sells or how he throws now that he's back.

Darren

I just went back and read part of this thread. For anyone saying that weed referencing discs are inappropriate, have you looked at what the rest of our discs are called?

Nuke (ya that's super PC)
Destroyer
Katana
Orc lol
Firebird
Etc etc etc

Anyone who doesn't know DG would think a bunch of DGrs discussing discs were actually D&D nerds.

I was in Denver a few weeks ago and picked up a Pure O.G. at Fly Green, partly because I kind of bit on his description in some video and I liked the plastic -- it feels good in cold weather. Maybe it was the way he talked about the Karma, which I've never thrown but I understand is the "inspiration" for the Pure O.G.

I have to say, it's a really versatile disc. I find myself throwing it forehand a lot. If I had to pick three discs for a round right now it would be FLX Surge, Pure O.G. and Envy.

I just went back and read part of this thread. For anyone saying that weed referencing discs are inappropriate, have you looked at what the rest of our discs are called?

Nuke (ya that's super PC)
Destroyer
Katana
Orc lol
Firebird
Etc etc etc

Anyone who doesn't know DG would think a bunch of DGrs discussing discs were actually D&D nerds.

I see nothing inappropriate about any of those names except the 420. Sure, they are stupid and "nerdy" but far from inappropriate.

In the Nuke promos they show a Nuclear Bomb going off in the background.

Some people might find that in bad taste.

In the Nuke promos they show a Nuclear Bomb going off in the background.

Some people might find that in bad taste.

Don't forget the first run Cranks that matched the color of crystal meth and were stamped with a Breaking Bad-esque design.

Apparently Horsman's cool with meth references (don't remember him calling for anyone at Discraft's head), but pot references are a tragedy. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the first run Cranks that matched the color of crystal meth and were stamped with a Breaking Bad-esque design.

Apparently Horsman's cool with meth references (don't remember him calling for anyone at Discraft's head), but pot references are a tragedy. :rolleyes:

Pot's Schedule I, Meth is Schedule II. So we should be twice as offended by pot references.

Latest posts