• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Happened To Scott Stokely?

Stud Muffin

Banned
Maybe I am so far behind in the times, but I watched videos of him with Barry Schultz, Ken Climo, etc. and he didn't seem that old of a guy.

Barry and Ken are still playing on the tour, what happened to him?

Its funny a comment was made about him last week at dubz

Was basically how throw he could hyzer a midrange. Lol. 500+ was the comment over a lake and woods for the stokely route.

I believe he had some health issues. He does not really throw much anymore but he does live next to a course in Colorado. There was a thread a while back on DGR on which he posted.

Stokely threw so hard that he blew out his back and his elbow.

Here is the source

He personally posted there on page 4 five months ago!

He played at least two tournaments here in Colorado this year. Started producing his own line of discs though the rumor I heard is that the plastic was way bad. Nice guy, still a good player.

Best FH in the world right there, BH goes boom too!

He played at least two tournaments here in Colorado this year. Started producing his own line of discs though the rumor I heard is that the plastic was way bad. Nice guy, still a good player.

Plastic feels like a tacky pro. It's held up to several skips off a gravel road just fine. Flew awesome.

The plastic is okay.
The names are dumb, and shows that he doesn't know his audience.
Acetone does not affect the stamp, any suggestions?

The plastic is okay.
The names are dumb, and shows that he doesn't know his audience.

Doesn't he? Almost every tournament card I've ever been on had at least one guy who pulled out a joint or a one hitter in the middle of the round. I'd say Stokely is very aware of his audience.

With many of the other companies seemingly aiming for a more technical, ball-golf type of aesthetic (Prodigy with the letters and numbers and MVP with the science/physics stuff are two recent examples), Stokely going the other direction and trying to appeal to the weedeaters and barefooters may be a smart decision.

As they say, you gotta hit (or in this case throw) to an opening...

New World Record for Sidearm/Forehand

Jason Cortella crushed Scott's Forehand/Sidearm record at the 2014 Fall Desert Wind Open with a throw of 190.30 meters or 624 Feet.

WFDF is being petitioned to officially list and track the Forehand/Sidearm distance record. Until listed by WFDF, Jason now holds the unofficially official World record.

This site will need to be updated: https://sites.google.com/site/dgresources2/Home/records

FYI, Jason also crushed the Upside Down Record with a throw of 147.20 meters or 482 feet! http://wfdf.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=386&Itemid=130&r_sec=1

Video of Jason's record breaking Upside Down throw on Simon Lizottes Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/uoD6EmifQf/

Doesn't he? Almost every tournament card I've ever been on had at least one guy who pulled out a joint or a one hitter in the middle of the round. I'd say Stokely is very aware of his audience.

With many of the other companies seemingly aiming for a more technical, ball-golf type of aesthetic (Prodigy with the letters and numbers and MVP with the science/physics stuff are two recent examples), Stokely going the other direction and trying to appeal to the weedeaters and barefooters may be a smart decision.

As they say, you gotta hit (or in this case throw) to an opening...

Yup. Like it or not, to a lot of people this **** is just Frolfing with some beer and buds (friends...?) and there is a market for it without a doubt. Hell these players are a big part of the market share from what I can smell.

That guy who pulls out a joint is no more interested in those silly names than you are.
The vast majority of pot smokers would prefer having none of this on them, no reason to give the officer to keep looking.
His names are tragically out of date, and not at all nuanced.
No one cares about your silly stamp, we care about the mold and the plastic.

...Acetone does not affect the stamp, any suggestions?

If acetone doesn't remove the stamp, you're not getting it off. At least not without more acetone and a ton of scrubbing with a q-tip.

If it's pro like plastic and you are trying to remove the stamp to dye it, I wouldn't bother anyway - pro is not good for dye.

Latest posts