• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Dreams?

I dreamt that the city parks and rec advisor called me at nine at night to clear out some tree branches that were down on hole one, which IS ironic because there has been tree branches there for a while. Anyway the advisor was really dumb and didn't know which course it was on, she said it had 18 holes but there are none like that in my area. So I finally said lum? And she said yeah, so I called up hedfan1 and made him take care of it. Lol

I got them cleared today but man those neg temps were a killer on me. BTW, the branches were on hole #2.

Whenever I dream of disc golf I ALWAYS dream of a course that starts in an unamed country club here in Phoenix, plays it's way around the club including a couple of hole which play inside a building at the club.
I've dreamt of that course 3 or 4 times.

Last night I dreamed about playing with Megyn Kelly. We were in a small town where the buildings were part of the course. It was neat banking discs off of the walls.

I had a dream i missed a 80-90 ft ace in front of a bunch of people, it slid right threw the basket hit chains and fell to the floor. I felt robbed with my sidewinder. low fade disc.:\

This is going to sound odd, but...
I have this recurring dream. It's not really the dream itself, but the setting that keeps popping up.

My dreams keep taking place in this grocery store. It's not any grocery store I've ever been to, but more of a fictional mix of Giant Eagle and Sam's Club. Kind of big, but not a warehouse.

Anyway, I had a disc golf dream in the grocery store last night. I was throwing my pink DX Eagle across the back of the store in the freezer section. It ended up skipping on the floor (I mean, they're waxed) and sliding underneath one of the freezer cases. I went down to try and grab it, and to my dismay it had somehow taco'd into a rectangular shape.

Also, while I was under there, I looked over and there was a whole octopus, frozen and shrink-wrapped, looking at me. It was bizarre.

I crawled out from under the freezer and told some chick I had to go get a new Eagle. She didn't care. B*itch.

That is weird, had another tourney dream. This time it was a long distance competition. I was in a 20 by 40 room with the farther side open, so it had three walls and a roof, all cedar. Looking out the open wall there was a fairway about 500 ft long perfectly mowed. and as always I mess up my throws, pull out my halo and it starts melting, I could pull it apart like puddy, throw that and it looks like I threw blue/grey pizza dough about ten ft. then I try and throw the pro katana, I look at it and my dye wore off of it which I was sad about but threw any way. I threw it perfect then it turned over into an anhyzer and landed in the lake to the right. everyone was making fun of me and the announcer said I was in last place.

I had one where I was playing DG on a Star Fleet ship in the holodeck with Data playing on a 50 hole course. He was keep getting aces. I woke up before we could finish. I am a huge Star Trek fan, so that might be why I dreamt it up.

Last edited:
i had one about a square disc. it had a flightplate and a rim and an innova stamp and everything, it was just a square

So my crazy dreams consist of oddly shaped disc... I'm talkin triangulars and rectangles - wonder if that would be PDGA legal?? :p

Whoa!! I just had this dream last night. The disc was triangular, and the flightplate came up, like a very short pyramid. Plus some wierd wings, weights, or something coming off the points.

I think every disc golfer has had the dream where they randomly find piles and piles of discs in random places. I'm always very disappointed when i wake up and realize it was a dream.

I have a recurring dream where I go to my local course (Bear Branch) and the lake is completely dry and there are tons of discs all just siting there waiting for me. i gather them into a pile and as I'm looking through them, I keep seeing a triangular shaped disc (Innova Pro plastic, usually dyed) and I get this strange feeling of familiarity and a memory of one of my first discs being the triangle thing, but dismiss it because these are "common" discs. Its a very vivid dream and the triangle is the same color every time (dirty white with a green dyed triangle and a red triangle inside the green one). Its always Pro plastic and I always get the "reminiscent" feeling. Always strikes me as odd since I don't particularly remember my dreams. :confused:

a couple weird dg dreams, what do they mean?

The most common dg dreams I have are of random places that just happen to have a dg course in the middle of nowhere. For example, when I was a kid we used to play in a forest behind our house. Low and behold, in my dream a course appears out of the blue and we play it. Then it disappears or we get distracted and have to leave.:mad:

My worst dg dream was when we were playing such a course and I crossed a frozen creek. Well, I thought it was frozen. I fell through the ice at a deep part with my bag tipping over into the water too. The sad part was that I tried to save my discs instead of my own life.:doh: Thank God I woke up before I died/drowned. The discs were saved though.:clap:

So I'm driving along on a 4 lane highway, there's this cute girl in the middle of the road, I ask if she needs a ride and she nods. I pull over, she calls over three other people - wait a tic, I didn't sign up for this, I just wanted the cute girl, not her boyfriend and other couple. Whatever, I'll still give anybody a ride if I have the room, though it's going to be cramped in my van with 5 of us and all of our crap. Anyway, I ask where they're going - turns out they're traveling cross country to make it to a disc golf tournament in MN, which happens to be where I'm going. But first, we have to stop at some dudes house. One kid ends up getting in a fight, then the dude turns and threatens me, I motion that we'd better leave. We make it back out to the van and all their stuff that they had loaded into my van is missing, and the only thing of mine that's missing is my entire disc golf bag, and bag of backups. *#*($in *$#ll Mother (*#@*!!! It was immediately apparent that we had been robbed, upon waking up I think I had been schemed, Those F'in kids.

Last night I had a dream that there was a big tournament being held at my course (Dixie Lee). The tournament was apparently providing some additional baskets as there were some Innova Discatchers on my property in different pin positions than any of my normal holes. This was weird enough.

It got worse, though. The first bad thing was that somehow, one of my InStep baskets had gotten trashed by someone. The top chain support and the basket were both broken in half. That kind of irritated me. But then I saw where someone had cut down about half a dozen trees that protect the hole #6 pin. So now it was just totally wide open to the pin. I was ticked off big time.

There was some sort of group of disc golf consultants just hanging out and they didn't seem to get at all why I was so mad that they had cut down the trees. It totally changed the hole and they didn't get it at all.

Weird stuff!

Underground discin'

I dreamt that somebody had converted a 2 level underground parking structure into a disc golf course. The setup reminded me of a paint ball course but setup for disc golf. The course seemed to center around the ramp going from one level to the next, with one hole going down and one going up. I guess you'd just have to take turns playing it lol. As an added bonus (or maybe not), the cast of Everybody loves Ramond was there playing a round and also a few people I knew from high school. Dang, now I want to play a course like this for real, lol.

Recently to get to sleep, instead of counting sheep, I try to mentally play through different courses I've played in tournaments. If I'm tired enough I have trouble making it through the front nine before crashing out.

Recently to get to sleep, instead of counting sheep, I try to mentally play through different courses I've played in tournaments. If I'm tired enough I have trouble making it through the front nine before crashing out.

I usually do that the night before a tournament and envision birdies on every hole.

Yep I do that too. It's the Disc golfer's version of counting sheep. It helps for when I didn't write down my score and I am putting it in the scorebook :p