• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, no hate, but with all the discussion of "is this an ace?" going on, I was still out looking for my first, so I purposefully went to a course that's basically a putt-putt. Hit my first on Alexandria hole #6, which is only a 50' putt from the tee. I actually expected to get it, because I hit the basket each other time there.
What was actually fun was I got my second on hole #8 (on the next go-round), despite having to lean out of the left side of the tee box due to overhanging branches, and fire a straight line laser between a pair of trees to hit dead center. I actually got a thrill on that one.
Sorry it was only 101', for those who want to be judgmental about such things. ;)
OK, ready for some better ones to brag on, now...

Hit my 2nd ACE while practicing for Worlds. Winged park hole 16 202ft. First time playing the course!

3rd ACE Saturday, 1st during tournament play, South Park Sizzler, Hutchinson, MN, Hole #9 325ft. with a Yellow Blizzard Wraith

First ace!!! Took me about seven years but well worth it. #3 Turkey Creek, IC Iowa. The hole is in the right position ~ between the second and third trees on the right on the other side of the hill. DGCR says 181'. Star skeeter was starting to turn back from anhyzer when it softly hit chains. I was speechless. I did not see it stick or bounce out and I couldnt tell if it was sitting. I left my bag, ran down there and there it was! I have hit basket and been really close many times so I always felt this would be my first, hopefully many more to come.

2eb03d0a_m.jpg

Last edited:
FIRST ACE!!!

First Ace at Spaasland in Germantown, WI hole #2 (203 ft) using a yellow Tee Bird - 99 degrees on a hot and windy day - playing by myself with absolutely NO ONE AROUND to verify but it sure felt great!

I hit my first "real ace" with several friends as my witness at Reservoir Park hole #5 in Little Rock, AR on Sunday using a star SL. I've hit aces on hole # 4 with a champ beast and #9 with a soft magnet in Cabot last year, but several people there say it's not really a course so it doesn't count :( . To me and ace is an ace. They can't take Sunday's ace away from me

Two aces in two days woot! Yesterday hit hole one backside 18 la mirada with a kc glow replica roc, then today hit hol nine backside 18 with a first run pro aviar.

1st ace ever!

Playing leagues at flip city today, and hit my 1st ace ever on 1A with a BH shot with a GL River! Apdrvya and sgamerp were on a card with me! To top it off sgamerp hit 17 for an ace during warm up.

1st ace ever!

Playing leagues at flip city today, and hit my 1st ace ever on 1A with a BH shot with a GL River! Apdrvya and sgamerp were on a card with me! To top it off sgamerp hit 17 for an ace during warm up.

Nice brother - way to go. At least one good thing happend this week. Maybe the tide is turning.

I hit an ace during pre tourney warmup about 20 seconds before the players meeting on hole #21 short at Lions Park in Temple, TX. I flicked a firebird and it just skipped right in and stuck.

Aced hole 7 at Youth Park in Saint Pete yesterday with a Champ Boss. It is 310 with about 290 of water carry. The basket is across the water. Through it hard and flat out to the right and it faded right into the basket. There are now reeds that have grown up in the lake to where you can't see the basket. The disc hit the chains hard. It was loud. The guy with me was standing to the side and could see it was in the basket! Great feeling. Ace #5
5717fb80_m.jpg

That's a good one congrats.

Hole 17 at Flip City. Soft Ion, first non cubby ace.

Best part I thought it was a bad shot, and when I was looking for it, it was in the basket.

Hole #13 at tittabawassee trails in Freeland, MI. FH hyzer directly into dead center chains. First FH ace and my fourth ace. Got all 4 since mid april and this was my second in just over a week and a half!

3rd Time's a Charm

I've hit chains off the tee twice before with neither sticking.
Throwing a Z Buzzz on hole 6 at Rotary Park in Kirksville, MO (downhill 300' hole), I finally got my first ace after nearly 2 years of playing.
Hole 2 finishes near the hole 6 tee pad.
There was a group of guys playing up to 2 when I let it go.
They couldn't believe that it went in.
Normally I'm the only one on the course when I'm playing, but I'm glad I had someone there to witness it.
Now that I've got one to my credit, I almost feel legitimized.

Hit an Ace yesterday on Hole 7 at Indian Riffle Park in Dayton, OH:

6bbefc75.jpg

Blind dogleg right. Took a beat 12x Roc on a high anny line directly into the heart of the chains!

Finally retired my portrait dye of my pup on hole 5 and AC

First Ace!

After 15+ years of playing and 10 years of ace runs I finally got one to stick. Hole 9 at Wildcat Bluff Disc Golf Course in Iowa, a 202ft blind downhill shot to the right. The disc was a Innova Champion Roc XG plus mold. I felt like Dale Earnhardt trying to win the Daytona 500 when it came to getting my first ace, I've missed them about every way possible and have hit chains 5 times this year alone. Man it feels great to get one:D

View of the basket with the fairway behind me.
IMAG0145.jpg

From the tee pad.
IMAG0152.jpg

About mid fairway.
IMAG0157.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts