• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit my first ace today at the short UMD course in Duluth, MN. Anyone familiar with that course knows the sculpture hole. Was trying to hit through the statue and back to the hole. My TL was short and hit square in the chains.

I know you shouldn't tag a basket, but the course doesn't have teebox posts that I could scribble on and I was too excited to not mark the occasion. I wouldn't do it under normal circumstances, trust me. So hopefully no one takes offense to it. At least I had the decency to keep it off the white "6"

I guess I could have wrote my name in the dirt by the tee hahaha

Hit two aces the other day in 3 holes they weren't the longest though only around 190 each I think

I know you shouldn't tag a basket, but the course doesn't have teebox posts that I could scribble on and I was too excited to not mark the occasion. I wouldn't do it under normal circumstances, trust me. So hopefully no one takes offense to it. At least I had the decency to keep it off the white "6"

I guess I could have wrote my name in the dirt by the tee hahaha

We really appreciate the "decency" you showed. :rolleyes:

I aced #4 from the red tees to the A placement yesterday at Foundation Park in Centralia, IL with a Buzzz SS.
My buddy's little nephew just looked at me funny and said "How'd you do that?"
Good times.

53r7fZfl.jpg

Not much to write home about, but went to Alexandria (putt putt DG course) to confirm the course had not been 'pulled', merely abandoned pending the redesign, so I played three rounds after work today. Pretty dialed in for the first lap. Hit a 100 footer and a 50 footer, and hit metal on an 84' hole and a 171' hole. :eek:

I aced #4 from the red tees to the A placement yesterday at Foundation Park in Centralia, IL with a Buzzz SS.
My buddy's little nephew just looked at me funny and said "How'd you do that?"
Good times.

That's awesome! I love getting that reaction from people, especially kids, who have never seen anyone throw a "frisbee" more than fifty feet! Must be even better when it's a reaction to an ace! :thmbup:

3rd ace in the last 2 weeks!!!

Hole 6, McCurry Park (Fayetteville, GA)

D2, RHBH on a huuuuuge skip (hit about at the light post, maybe a little more right)

~$404 :D

6c4458bf.jpg

Hole 17 Munson Park Denison Tx during the tourney yesterday. TL all air clean

3rd ace in the last 2 weeks!!!

Hole 6, McCurry Park (Fayetteville, GA)

D2, RHBH on a huuuuuge skip (hit about at the light post, maybe a little more right)

~$404 :D

6c4458bf.jpg

Best part is I called the hole and disc 5 days ago! :)

The pic is from the comments on my Condor ace last Tuesday

4WDipkt.jpg

Hit my first ace at my home course after over a hundred rounds there. The weird thing is I hit the second longest hole on the course!
It's the longest ace I've witnessed at 320', with a Tern, in windy conditions. I sought a witness, but only saw one guy walking up the other way, so I shrugged, sharpied my disc, and played on.:eek:

Hit my first ace at my home course after over a hundred rounds there. The weird thing is I hit the second longest hole on the course!
It's the longest ace I've witnessed at 320', with a Tern, in windy conditions. I sought a witness, but only saw one guy walking up the other way, so I shrugged, sharpied my disc, and played on.:eek:

Tern it up!

I was blessed with an ACE when playing Carly's Playground this past Sunday (Mother's Day), on # 3, pink tee to pink basket, 165' using a pink kite. My friend, Fleetwood was playing with me and gave up his 5 dollar bill to me with a big AH yEAH. The weather was so nasty that white caps could be seen for as long as the eye traveled out on Traverse Bay that morning, blustery weahter conditions didn't improve as we got to the mountain and the winds we're gusting up to 40 mph at times up there at Mt. Holiday. But Oh what a great day it was.

Later that day after playing Carly's Playground we went over to play the "Backyard" course of Todd Lewis (Carly's Dad). I introduced myself as Todd was prepping the Backyard course for the new "PINK" Innova baskets. And after talking with Todd and helping him place 10 or so cement full buckets that also had the pole that the new "PINK" basket was to be placed over, Todd and I coaxed my friend Fleetwood out of the car (as he was worn completely out from the hiking & playing @ Mt. Holiday and was studying the way we we're going to transverse our way to Ann Arbor from Traverse City) and helped install the very 1st new "PINK" basket @ the backyard course.

So this day was just so special to me (As this was my first Mother's Day without my Mom as she had passed and went to heaven in April of this year). And I knew everything was GREAT when the "SUN" finally came out right when Todd, Fleetwood and I we're installing the very 1st "PINK" basket at the backyard course. Yoda, Carly's dog was nearby and was feeling all the "love wins" feeling that surrounded us all at that moment and to me all the while we we're in Traverse City. We all felt the "LOVE WINS" LOVE from Carly and my Mom and everyone else that the heavens shined on us at that moment.

I Thank you Traverse City, I'll never forget you and I will never forget playing Carly's Playground and installing the 1st basket @ the backyard course nor will I forget the love that Kathy gave us the night before @ the Mackinaw Brewery. Singing, rejoicing, and remembering our Mother's at closing time with shots of Vanilla Stollie (Vodka) & Stout beer. Long live the "LOVE WINS" spirit that Traverse City brought unto us this Mother's Day. and I LOVE you Traverse City------------------- -+

nor will I forget the great service Pauly gave us @ North Peak micro brewery. and I loved the surf and turf (walleye/ filet Mignon) with a Irish Stout :p

Last edited:
After a handful of metal hits I finally got my proto mako to stay in. Got 8 at UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts