• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR meet up - Texas

Are you coming to Circle R?

• Definitely - I'm totally there! (100%)

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Probably I'll make it. (75%)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Maybe - I'll let you know. (50%)

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Probably not but you never know. (25%)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Are you crazy? No way I'll make that. (0%)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

srm_520

Double Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Okay how about this one this summer for us Texans a little too far away from Flip City to make the trip.

My idea is to call the Circle R Ranch in Wimberly outside of Austin and try to get a group on there. As many know these are rated the top courses in the over 200 Texas courses, and is only open to the public on a limited basis.

I figure you have the meet up at this exclusive location, and then if you need more DG after that - Austin has a bunch of new amazing courses you could hit.

I would imagine the mid-June would be time to meeting - like the 12th-13th or the 19th-20th because world's biggest would be over and it still wouldn't be "Texas" hot yet.

Mark if you are interested and if there is enough buzz I will be happy to start working on something.

Last edited:
well it was pointed out to me that i wont be in Nac then so i would like to change my vote to maybe let you know lol

Great idea. Count me in. The Circle R courses are some of the best in the state and they also allow camping w/ prior approval which is a major plus for those traveling. I do think it might be best to have it a little earlier in the year (maybe late spring) if that doesn't conflict too much w/ worlds biggest. It's very likely that we'll already be close to the 100's in mid to late June... I know we were this past summer. I'm down for playin' in any temp/weather, but I'm not a huge fan of hot weather camping.

Lemme know if I can help in any way. :)

19-20 I would be in. I work the other weekend. So, I will vote IN!

Depending on the weekend....Wife would kill me if I went out on the 19th -20th (Anniversary weekend).

The earlier weekend, I will be down for!

You know I say those weekends like I have everything wrapped up already, but I'm going to have to call to get a better idea if this is possible. I will also throw out the March - April dates. They might just tell me what we would have to do.

June is going to be super hot, especially if you want to play both courses in one day, which I'm sure most people would want to do. I'd prefer some time in March, but would probably make it out no matter the season. Honestly, this is my preferred season to play-- can't beat sun shine with the temps from the mid-40's to the low 60's.

Good luck finding a free weekend for this. After the Am World Doubles on March 20-21, you've got Texas States the following weekend, followed by Easter, then the TX Women's Championship, etc..

The PDGA schedule looks like it might be fairly open right now, but I can't recall a single weekend without a tournament somewhere last spring/summer. That said, if you can find a date - I'll be there.

I'm from NC and I will try like hell to schedule a business trip to TX that week. Disc golf, beer and beef in Texas. I am in if I can pull it off. Plus I need Donovan to give me some loft putting lessons anyway.

I've always wanted to visit Austin and my GF has been telling me I should schedule a trip with the 'boys.' This sounds perfect! Although, I'm still going to keep my eyes on other possible 'meet-ups'....but I've played in a number of different states...but never Texas.

sloppydisc,

Oh I am here for ya! If I can mess up your putting game anymore, all you gotta do is ask. :D Man, we had a great time!

DGtourist,

I got your tag right here big boy! :hfive:

After making contact - the dates have been narrowed down. Middle of April or beginning of June. March and May are out the window since they have so many other tournaments. I talked to her about early June and she said that is a great time to schedule, but after a little more discussion - I'm really leaning towards middle of April.

I'll get updates, but I want everyone's opinion since I obviously want the most people there. April is harder for some to travel, but it would be right before World's Biggest so you know the course would be in premier shape. Likewise it would be much better weather compared to a June day. Those are my thoughts - please chime in!

Last April there was a ton of rain, but if you think we can avoid it...so be it.

Last April there was a ton of rain, but if you think we can avoid it...so be it.

I after my quick chat with God earlier today - he said it shouldn't a problem. :doh:

---

I do however think it would be worth it to take the chance. However - the two dates narrowed down.

Date #1: Saturday April 17th.
Date #2: Saturday June 5th.

However - Again, April is the leading contender, so keep that in mind for whether you're in or not. Sorry I can't redo the poll to make it fit with these dates. Eric - get on that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts