• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Innova MC? What is this disc?

From used bin at PIAS. It's a Speed 13, and neither Millennium nor Innova lineup
has an "MC" abbreviation for this speed do they?

17499145_10155564369267662_8416777660194847048_n.jpg

You sure it's speed 13?

Only initials that match are champ monster that I know of. It's not a perfect match if you flip the disc, but it's the closest i can think of.

Screenshot_2017-03-24-14-24-11_zpsjsz2ddmq.png

I have one and it's labeled MY.

If you could measure the rim in cm or mm that would be preferred but inches will work too to help determine what it is. How does it fly? What does the stamp look like?

From used bin at PIAS. It's a Speed 13, and neither Millennium nor Innova lineup
has an "MC" abbreviation for this speed do they?

17499145_10155564369267662_8416777660194847048_n.jpg

Is that a beaded driver??? I'm not talking Groove/Monarch undercut track, it honestly looks in that picture like it's a speed 11-12 driver with a bead at the inner edge of the wing... Or maybe I'm crazy and my eyes deceive me. :p

The normal abbrevations are:
MY = Mystere
MC = Monarch
M or MO =Monster
But sh-t happens, MC mold is easy to identify :)

That orange inside looks like the Monarch/Groove trac. So I suspect it's a Monarch. Speed 13? Then it's a mis-labeled Groove.

The pink disc is what's being ID'd. I think he was trying to show us that the Orange disc (which is clearly labeled as a Monarch) is different than the pink one so the pink can't be a monarch. You can see that the pink does have what looks like some waviness in the rim, just not the full cutout like the monarch/groove. I'd bet the pink is either a Tern or Dominator since those are both wide rimed with that waviness in the rim.

The pink disc is what's being ID'd. I think he was trying to show us that the Orange disc (which is clearly labeled as a Monarch) is different than the pink one so the pink can't be a monarch. You can see that the pink does have what looks like some waviness in the rim, just not the full cutout like the monarch/groove. I'd bet the pink is either a Tern or Dominator since those are both wide rimed with that waviness in the rim.

Dominator, I forgot about that disc. I think you might be right.

I forget when the bottom mold changed from CAL to CA across the various Innova discs. Maybe 10 years ago?

Either way, that's just the Millenium base plastic which is actually Innova Pro plastic, so you're right about how it feels. The base plastic JLS don't hold any collector value as far as I know.

What about a First Run SOLF and a SOLF run 1.3

Attachments

• IMG_20170322_170505.jpg
    IMG_20170322_170505.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20170322_170352.jpg
    IMG_20170322_170352.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
What about a First Run SOLF and a SOLF run 1.3

Typically the 1.3s aren't worth anything, maybe the black makes it more rare, idk. The first run would definitely be of interest to Orion throwers like myself. Depending on condition, typically they go for 15-25 bucks (maybe a collector would go higher for a brand new bar stamp but I usually see them sell around 20ish used. Shoot me a pm if you're looking to get rid of it