• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the DGCR Consultants got canceled maybe to be re-signed Jan 1? (no banner currently)

all discraft said was that to please inform them if you are thinking of making a change by the 1st. They are just trying to figure out who is leaving and staying when the dust settles and dont want to get into a crazy bidding war. With all the people moving they have to think about restructuring the team and that it might mean a tweak to things. that is all, they give great respect to their players and i am happy that they atleast said something. In the years i have been with them, they have changed a few things but mot much. Mostly a tweak here or there, so you basically know what the sponsorship is for the different levels

Last edited:
all discraft said was that to please inform them if you are thinking of making a change by the 1st. They are just trying to figure out who is leaving and staying when the dust settles and dont want to get into a crazy bidding war. With all the people moving they have to think about restructuring the team and that it might mean a tweak to things. that is all, they give great respect to their players and i am happy that they atleast said something. In the years i have been with them, they have changed a feq things but mot much. Mostly a tweak here or there, so you basically know what the sponsorship is for the different levels
Well said MJ

It's got to be pure torture to be put on a deadline to make a decision between 2 or more sponsors. I'm tortured every year waiting to see if i'm still sponsored by one company. Don't get old, don't ever get old.

I just wanted to make sure this wasn't lost in the drivel, because it made me chuckle.

It looks like the DGCR Consultants got canceled maybe to be re-signed Jan 1? (no banner currently)

Does that mean your sponsorship was revoked Chuck and your residual income from DGCR?

Maybe thats just it. "We only want those loyal to us" "You should be grateful with what we give you. Kind of like clicky kids in HS are/were. Taking it personal rather than a business stand point.
The more I read the less attractive Discraft sounds.

Evidently 2 new companies (at least) are emerging in 2013 and are buying off some of the Pros from established and evidently honorable manufacturers. Notice none of the Pros are claiming they were deceived or the terms of their past agreements were not honored.

The Pros who leave are betting that the new companies will 1) stay afloat and 2)follow through with their promises and 3)produce discs which allow them to succeed. Innova and Discraft has so far declined to match the offers of the new companies (so far as we know, of course, but otherwise why would top Pros leave the security of proven products and rewards?).

From the standpoint of Innova and Discraft, why should they match the offers? The players being poached are basically the young guns with the most potential. As the game is now attracting more and better athletes wouldn't we expect the next few years will bring in the next batch of fine young talent and see this cycle continuing in the future? How critical are Schusterick and Kolling to the future of the big 2?

If the big 2 match offers how will it benefit them? Will they sell more discs? If Scooter and Blazek get paid thousands more in sponsorship for doing the same things they do now will you buy more Discraft discs?

The new companies need to buy credibility. If Wysocki leaves for Prodigy will you no longer trust your Rocs? Will you think Teebirds suck if Ulibari no longer throws them?

If the big 2 stopped spending money on Pro sponsorships and instead put more courses in the ground would it hurt their profits? If they shifted the Pro funds to marketing efforts for non-tournament players would they lose market share?

The established firms have earned their credibility. Why should they panic if a new, unproven company arrives?

Evidently 2 new companies (at least) are emerging in 2013 and are buying off some of the Pros from established and evidently honorable manufacturers. Notice none of the Pros are claiming they were deceived or the terms of their past agreements were not honored.

The Pros who leave are betting that the new companies will 1) stay afloat and 2)follow through with their promises and 3)produce discs which allow them to succeed. Innova and Discraft has so far declined to match the offers of the new companies (so far as we know, of course, but otherwise why would top Pros leave the security of proven products and rewards?).

From the standpoint of Innova and Discraft, why should they match the offers? The players being poached are basically the young guns with the most potential. As the game is now attracting more and better athletes wouldn't we expect the next few years will bring in the next batch of fine young talent and see this cycle continuing in the future? How critical are Schusterick and Kolling to the future of the big 2?

If the big 2 match offers how will it benefit them? Will they sell more discs? If Scooter and Blazek get paid thousands more in sponsorship for doing the same things they do now will you buy more Discraft discs?

The new companies need to buy credibility. If Wysocki leaves for Prodigy will you no longer trust your Rocs? Will you think Teebirds suck if Ulibari no longer throws them?

If the big 2 stopped spending money on Pro sponsorships and instead put more courses in the ground would it hurt their profits? If they shifted the Pro funds to marketing efforts for non-tournament players would they lose market share?

The established firms have earned their credibility. Why should they panic if a new, unproven company arrives?

"Thousands" :hfive:

I think I have gotten maybe $500 in 5 years in cash bonuses.

Anyway I just want all of this to enable more people to pursue playing the sport at the highest level.

Never said they were panicking, or implied.
I was referring to them talking about restructuring but not giving details and still asking for your commitment...specifically Discraft. That is personally irksome to me.
Innova made it clear to their players right away on how it was going to go down. That I respect.
Also, what the Pros throw have no bearing on myself. I throw what I throw. What is was referring to was their sponsorship...since this thread is about sponsorship not plastic. Context matters....had you read the posts beforehand you would understand what I and everyone else was posting about. **see below**

Ya thats what I took from it too. At least DD is finalizing details and doesnt want to give you the wrong information. DC not being forth coming would turn me away quickly personally. I would choose DD just because they are being straight up.

@ Widdershins
Ask anyone you know of as far as pro's for the big 2 if they were ever once paid anything they didnt earn (so bonuses and entry fee recoup dont count) bet none of them were 'paid'

Status
Not open for further replies.