• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which would you Rather?

Would you rather a hole in one on a par 3 hole, or $10?

• Total voters
$10 for me and it's not close.

I can understand those who have not had an ace before choosing one over a little money, but otherwise I don't get it. How about this - give me $10 and I will tell everyone you got an ace and that it was really cool and you are awesome at disc golf. Deal?

Im taking the 10$, an ace on a hole under 250ft doesnt sound super exciting to me.

I would be tempted to pay $10 if I could buy the time back that I wasted reading this thread. :p

I just now aced a 280ft hole on the little course outside my office building. A coworker saw it and bought me an $8 lunch. I was more excited about the lunch, but I guess I just got the best of both worlds. Now I want my two dollars!!??

iwantmy2dollars.jpg

Did you intend to reply to someone else, because your response has zero correlation to my post?

You said there were "too many unknowns." When really, you listed ONE. You wanted to know if the ace paid money, which the OP stated it did not. Since you were struggling with reading comprehension, as demonstrated twice now, I was helping you to understand the OP's question.

As for your misguided reply, using your flawed logic, that must mean you are hard up for money. I have won 50k in a competition before, so maybe I am jaded to the value of a big $10 payday. Good luck chasing down your next Hamilton! Oh, and I'd almost certainly crush you in Disc Golf, too.

And by the way Mr Reading Comprehension, why don't YOU reread the OP. It says that you don't win any bets. Perhaps he meant Ace Fund, but that was not implicitly stated. It was also not stated if it was solo casual or a tourney. Hence my "too many unknowns" comment. You really aren't too good at this, are you?

-patiently waiting for tired "living in your parent's basement" response-

Would you rather $10 or an ace on a par 3 hole? Of course, assume that you don't win any bets from the hole in one. As for the hole, it would be under 250', but would require a curved disc path.

I know this is a specific question. There is an idea behind it though; it's not just a random poll

So when do we find out the idea behind it?

Because otherwise, it just seems like an strange apples & oranges question, and a little hard to imagine a circumstance where it becomes a choice. The closest I can come is some strange reverse-ace pool, where the person hitting an ace has to pay $10.

I guess its my, "legend in my own mind" mentality. Ace!

I hear the roar of the crowd every time; even when I'm playing a solo round.

Seeing as how I am in my mid 50s, have been playing DG for approximately the past three years and have yet to Ace a hole I'ld probably take the Ace over $10 if there were witnesses to share in the celebration. Think I would take the $10 over an Ace on a solo practice round tho.

I think there is a common idea running through this thread it seems. Players who have had lots of Aces seem to be inclined to take the money and if you have not had many or even 1 the Ace is more important. Personally I would take the Ace

I'd buy ten, one dollar hookers.

.... or just he happy with an ace.

I'm surprised that more of us cheap bastards wouldn't take the money. That's dedication right there.

I've lost count of how many aces I've had... but I'd have better luck trying to work back and figure out how many aces I've had vs how many times I've had $10 in my life time...

That's more or less what I was thinking. Aces are rarer than $10 bills, much rarer in my life.

I still don't understand this scenario, but I'd say that I get more enjoyment out of an ace, even in a solo round, than, say, finding a $10 bill on the ground. Neither is life-changing, or even life-affirming, but the ace is more fun.

Now, if $10 were the difference between me eating or not, I'd feel differently, but also a little sheepish about spending my time on the disc golf course.