• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you want this guy playing in your league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can he do to get back in good standing with you and the league?

At this point? Someone who doesn't know him would have to be running league. I'm a pretty good judge of character. I got the feeling of d-baggery from day one that I met him. He's proven it to be true over and over and yet I still gave him chances.

This guy should not play in any organized event in the area as far as I'm concerned. He should stick to casual rounds with his friends while he still has friends.

At this point? Someone who doesn't know him would have to be running league. I'm a pretty good judge of character. I got the feeling of d-baggery from day one that I met him. He's proven it to be true over and over and yet I still gave him chances.

This guy should not play in any organized event in the area as far as I'm concerned. He should stick to casual rounds with his friends while he still has friends.

I agree. That guy is the problem, not the people who don't want to put up with his bs.

If it was me running the league he would have to own up to being a dick, apologize in front of everyone who saw him be a dick, be 15 minutes early for any event and wash the guys car for 6 months....for starters.

The guy spitting on your car was a D-bag move, but honestly, your response is kinda childish...

Your going to run into d-bags once in a while....you banned him from your league, so why not just move on?

I dont think a thread was needed after you already blasted the d-bag on facebook and banned him from your league.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of The one and only time someone ever spit on my car. (high school hater)
I parked the car, got out... Walked up to them and spit right in their face and said do something.
They did Nothing... Lol.

The guy spitting on your car was a D-bag move, but honestly, your response is kinda childish...

Your going to run into d-bags once in a while....you banned him from your league, so why not just move on?

I dont think a thread was needed after you already blasted the d-bag on facebook and banned him from your league.

I didn't "blast" him on facebook. I merely responded with a single post. This guy actually was slamming me for starting on time when he was late. There are several posts to prove it.

Besides, wouldn't you want to know if you were playing with this guy? He's planning on playing J-Town on Wednesdays along with Fox Valley and the Streamwood area as well on their respected days.

If he doesn't show up at least 30 minutes before tee off at J-town, I doubt he'll even get in. They are filling leagues each week (93 just this past Wed) and having to turn people away.

Sorry you had to deal with this.

Makes me appreciate the particular knuckleheads in our league a lot more. Some can be aggravating, but nothing like this.

He was late another time last year and he had called me to tell me....which is fine. However, I had told him that if I had an even number that I was going to start without him so he wouldn't make it an odd number and HE AGREED. When he got there and we were all walking off he threw a fit, started screaming, dropping F-bombs, and stormed out of there.

It took him a few weeks but he came back and apologized. I thought that took guts so I gave him another chance. Then he pulls this stunt. It's fine if he want to be pissed but when he spat on my car.....that crossed the line.

What can he do to get back in good standing with you and the league?

If it were me. Nothing. Some people just don't learn.

it's one thing to be pissed like the first time that he appologized for. It's another thing to be pissed about the same scenario and then escalate it to the point of spitting on the OP's car. In the grand scheme of things this guy just spit on the OP's car over being late to disc golf leagues. That sh!t's out of hand See ya bro find another doubles league to play in.

Maybe if he appologized again and actually seemed genuine (I.E. actually changes his ways and doesn't flip out the next time he's late) But my experience with people that are late is this.
They're always late that's how they roll expect them to be late always. If that's the problem he'll never change.

I run a weekly singles league with about 70 players weekly. Wednesday was the 4th week in our series and I had a plan for the late arrivals. For the 1st 3 weeks as I was teeing off someone would run up from the parking lot and ask me to put them on a hole. The problem is that I never want to make a larger group in the middle of the course because of backups. It sometimes becomes a stressful arguement that causes my heart to race and the result is a bad shot. One of my solutions that I have considered is to raise the price to cut down on the attendance. Since I didn't want to eliminate participants I just decided to start myself farther away on a hole out of sight of the parking lot. I really enjoyed watching the late comers running through the parking lot in a panic. When I finished my 1st hole I saw a few dejected faces sitting at the picnic table with their bags and missing out on the fun. Hopefully they will learn to be on time from now on. They call me a tyrant. Without rules at my event it can become chaos.

Honestly if you're starting dubs before 6 that's just dumb. You're asking people to come from work or school in rush hour traffic in a short amount of time. The sun goes down at 8pm now, back up your dubs start time.

It's really not that hard to show up on time. I don't understand how people can just be late all the time, it's so lame.

The issue I have with the jackass that was late and freaked out is the "I'll be there in a second I'm just around the corner" when in reality he was probably just leaving his house. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances that caused his lateness. Whatever, those circumstanes are your problem. If you were catching a flight you'd have missed it. Sucks to be you.

Honestly if you're starting dubs before 6 that's just dumb. You're asking people to come from work or school in rush hour traffic in a short amount of time. The sun goes down at 8pm now, back up your dubs start time.

Starting at 6:05, the last group finished in the dark. Whatever you think of the start time, it shouldn't be everyone else's problem when one person can't show up on time.

I didn't agree on this at first but when I read the rest I agree he should be ban him for a period of time and say this is the last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts