• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses of 2011!

If I play it can it will timg let it be posted? I won't be in Raleigh . . . but if it means another course on DGCR I will make the trek up from Charlotte in February.

it's semi playable, i still need three more baskets. right now one basket is a playskool gym thing, one is a tree and another is a pole.

despite being mostly open i somehow managed to lose 2 discs today and i cracked my CE eagle on a tree.

I've only played 7 of the 50 but I have managed 5 in the top 10. Not to shabby.

Plans in the works for at least 3 more on that list in 2012

How about top 10 NEW courses of 2011???

Have played 3 out of 5 of the Texas courses listed. But we are also larger than the rest of the states mentioned put together...

I have played 8, but will aim to play at least 4 more this year. I plan on crushing the state of california this year by playing at least 50 new courses for me in cali. Goal is to have 75 percent of california played by the end of the year. That would be crazy if you add the practices courses in. California would have 204 courses. Most are 400 miles from me so it will be a lot of of roadtrips.

I have played 8, but will aim to play at least 4 more this year. I plan on crushing the state of california this year by playing at least 50 new courses for me in cali. Goal is to have 75 percent of california played by the end of the year. That would be crazy if you add the practices courses in. California would have 204 courses. Most are 400 miles from me so it will be a lot of of roadtrips.

Well when you come though you can play Birds of Paridise, a course that I'm sure if there were more reviewers around here would be on this list, if not on top of it. This list is very subjective, alot of areas have a large amount of users of this site, and commonly many of these players haven't played more than 100-200 miles from their home, or haven't played more than 10-20 courses, and are rating things 5 discs. It would be interesting to see how far away the average traveler comes to one of these courses, or if almost all the reviews are from locals.

Alas, it's a mere 2 of the top 10 and 5 overall for me. Two or three more should be played this year, should've been played before, but biz comes first sometimes.

2011 only: 4 of top 10, 15 of top 50. Not bad getting 40% & 30% considering I have only played less than 9% of the courses in the country

All time top 50: 3 of top 10 (1, 2 & 3), 13 of top 50

I've played just as many of the all-time top 50 courses (three) as I have the all-time bottom 50, using the same parameters. Kind of depressing. :doh:

Me to (13)....well I had to go to 52 to get 13. Not sure that is depressing or if it just points to the fact that I play anything anywhere any time.

If you count just 18 or more holers, I am at 13 of the bottom 50 and 16 of the bottom 60 (over 25%!). I think that what this means is that the real bottom courses do not get a lot of reviews.

I have only played 4 (All in Texas). Its time to plan a road trip ! Also,one you missed is Selah Ranch (hasen't had enough reveiws but I wouldn't want someone to miss it because of that.Everyone who has played it gave it a 5).

Play Flip regularly and got to play Deer Lakes this year which was AMAZING. Hats off to the Pittsburgh boys for their great courses.

I always love looking at the lists as well. For the "2011 Only", I have played 13...and some on that list were a little surprising to me.

On the "Overall" list, I have played 17 of the top 50; and 7 of the top 10, including all of the top 5.

3 of 50?

So i guess i only have 3 out of the 50. but im super stoked to see zephyr cove in NV break the list. I hadn't played in a few years, the work they've done is amazing. its a whole new course now. Turtle Rock in markleeville is a new course i also played for the first time a couple weeks ago. Gold level course (I think) but really fun, plus the hot springs are right down the road. God i miss Tahoe. No love for Bijou eh? They've done a lot of tree work there too, still my favorite

I was also sorry to see that none of the Charlotte area courses were on the list. Would it be possible to run the 2011 list to have just non-private courses? I sure would hate to drive all the way from TX to NC, and not get to play a top 50 rated course.

I've always found it weird that Hornet's Nest and Renny are consistently in the top 3 of most played courses but no shows on the best list. I guess people don't review QC courses as much as elsewhere.

Latest posts