• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meeting

The 844mi drive is a little excessive for me.

I will not, however, accuse you of having a gay orgy because of that.
Yeah, but you know that bring Christy and playing with me and hubby would be well worth it!!

You gotta come.

Oh, BTW....I'm in for Flip.

Come on and grow a set! Get your man-card back. She is the GIRLFRIEND!!! Not fiance, or wife. What are you going to do if you ever marry this women? Ask for permission to run to the store for a 6-pack. You're in or you're weak!!!

All that being said I am in if it doesn't interfere with work, charity bike rides (MS & Livestrong) or kids' swim meets, dance recitals, gymnastics, school trips, surgeries, tantrums, etc... BUT I want a nice Marriott property nearby with a bar and room service. Okay I could skip room service and the bar, but I want a comfortable bed. I could bring my own booze. I am on the wrong side of 40 now and would need my sleep to keep up with all the younger guys.

Going to Flip means I have to be gone for several days in order for this to happen. I could play in a full tournament with that same time, and drive 9 less hours each way.

And we're only not married because we don't live together. We've been together 8 years, if we'd lived together that long the state would consider us common law married :)

also...get an air matress and deal old man :)

\/\/

I like the idea of Flip, because it sounds like such an awesoem course....but considering we've got folks from all over, maybe we should think of a more central location like Iowa or Kentucky/Cincy?

We could also maybe set up some regional events for folks who can't do the heavy traveling...heck, we could have our own mini-pdga:)

Just 2300 miles for me. Cali sucks. :doh:

I think one meet would make it impossible for everyone who wants to go to be able to, like someone said we should have a few meets like a month apart from each other, that way the die hards could make all 3, and then the other people who couldnt make the long trip to a single location would be able to make it to a closer location near them. Like for example an east coast meet, central u.s meet and a west coast meet a month apart from each other. Just an Idea. Like I have been saying these are only details but we really should make this happen and not just talk about it.

I have played flip and its the most beautiful amazing course ive ever seen and played, and I guarantee that theres not many 5 disc rated courses with free camping on site and such a great host like bill to have as the property owner. And it is private property so theres pretty much nothing that anyone could get in trouble for there. Its literally a perfect location. It just wont work for someone down south or out west and I realize that.

Last edited:
I think one meet would make it impossible for everyone who wants to go to be able to, like someone said we should have a few meets like a month apart from each other, that way the die hards could make all 3, and then the other people who couldnt make the long trip to a single location would be able to make it to a closer location near them. Like for example an east coast meet, central u.s meet and a west coast meet a month apart from each other. Just an Idea. Like I have been saying these are only details but we really should make this happen and not just talk about it.

I have played flip and its the most beautiful amazing course ive ever seen and played, and I guarantee that theres not many 5 disc rated courses with free camping on site and such a great host like bill to have as the property owner. And it is private property so theres pretty much nothing that anyone could get in trouble for there. Its literally a perfect location. It just wont work for someone down south or out west and I realize that.

There you go about the law and getting in trouble again, what is it you plan on doing there? I am totally kidding, to each his own, but I am not sure Bill would appreciate these activities, or maybe he would really enjoy them I do not know.

As far as selecting a location for the midwest, I agree with what some others have mentioned. Both Idlewild and Flip are awesome prospects, but both are at the extremes of the region. Cincy is far south, especially for those in WI and nothern MI. Flip is north, making it a long trek for some of those WI who have to deal with that big lake and those from S. IN, IL....ect.
Lemon Lake area would be somewhat of a compromise being a little more centrally located. That's just my .02 cents.

according to the spreadsheet, michigan is the seond most popular sate, only beat out by texas, so i still vote for flip :D

I vote for flip only because it is ranked #1, it is nice I am only 6 hours away or so by car.

I think you could organize a get together nationally and hope it works out to get 40-50 people there. Youc ould also organize a bunch of regional get togethers and only get 10-20 people from each area. It will all come down to schedules and proximity I am sure.

I think it makes sense to hold one with the idea of it moving around in future years. Organizing all these regional events seems like a lot of work. I know it stinks if you end up living a long way away from the venue, but you can always make like a Cubs fan and wait till next year.

Once you get into it, there is a lot of stuff that needs to happen. You need a point man at each location to get pavilion permits and make sure the course is reserved. You probably will have to work with the local club to help get the course ready. You probably need the local club to host the event due to insurance coverage requirements. Since it will probably be more social than competitive, there will be the work to get food, drinks, etc. It really is a lot of work to get this stuff done. It's one thing to say "let go to Idelwild" and quite another to make sure Idelwild is ready for us.

The place that would be free of bureaucracy and probably the easiest to deal with would be Flip City. Private land, one owner. The location is remote, but it has been the #1 rated course on the site forever. If there is a location that might make some people log some miles it is Flip City.

It seems like there are ambitious plans out there in the works, so I don't want to hold anybody back. However if it was me there would be one event, and it would be at Flip City.

This is gonna be sweet!!!!
I like the idea of volunteering and bringing food. If we can get enogh people for a supercolor order, I think that would be cool:)
I'm looking to take at least a week off:) even if flip, beauty, beast, Goliath , and leviathan get boring (lol), I could hit other courses that have hosted worlds on my way back down:):):)

updated spreadsheet. all 50 states, # of members, # of courses, highest rated course and rating.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtypcyYiuQ96dDZ4UzBpdUlZejU1M2VPVTR3RmtMb1E&hl=en

That is really interesting! I'm shocked at some of the stats though. I know this is a topic in another thread, but Iowa has 154 courses, and only 46 members. North Carolina has 220 members, but South Carolina only has 29. (Counting me) You'd figure that there would be some bleed over, or something!

Well, let me get one more throw in for having this at Charlotte instead of Flip. Innova has their sales office in Rock Hill, SC. ...as well as being close to Winthrop. Innova may even jump in and lend a hand! Maybe even help with promoting DGCR. ...I'm just sayin!

I think it makes sense to hold one with the idea of it moving around in future years. Organizing all these regional events seems like a lot of work. I know it stinks if you end up living a long way away from the venue, but you can always make like a Cubs fan and wait till next year.

Once you get into it, there is a lot of stuff that needs to happen. You need a point man at each location to get pavilion permits and make sure the course is reserved. You probably will have to work with the local club to help get the course ready. You probably need the local club to host the event due to insurance coverage requirements. Since it will probably be more social than competitive, there will be the work to get food, drinks, etc. It really is a lot of work to get this stuff done. It's one thing to say "let go to Idelwild" and quite another to make sure Idelwild is ready for us.

The place that would be free of bureaucracy and probably the easiest to deal with would be Flip City. Private land, one owner. The location is remote, but it has been the #1 rated course on the site forever. If there is a location that might make some people log some miles it is Flip City.

It seems like there are ambitious plans out there in the works, so I don't want to hold anybody back. However if it was me there would be one event, and it would be at Flip City.

Great points, hopefully someone in the area of Flip decides to take the initiative and makes this happen. I know I would be there in a heartbeat, and I'm sure that a well-planned event would be a pretty good draw at such an awesome course.

the way annual meetups went on other forums I've been a member of (motorcycle and truck) there was one big event put on by the forum with some of the regions of large concentrations of members having their own get-together. But the regional ones were set up by individuals in that area on their own, where as the the national was a forum thing. The difference between the two I'm thinking of was that the truck forum (Toyota off-roaders) picked a new location each year and the motorcycle forum meet at Deals Gap every year . For those that don't know Deals Gap is to motorcyclist what Flip City probably is to most disc golfers ... the promised land, thus the only place people from all over the country would agree on wanting to visit, or revisit.

so, basically I agree with ThreePutt on the issue of one versus many get-togethers. Logistically it makes the whole thing easier to ensure it happens, and goes well.

Last edited:
That is really interesting! I'm shocked at some of the stats though. I know this is a topic in another thread, but Iowa has 154 courses, and only 46 members. North Carolina has 220 members, but South Carolina only has 29. (Counting me) You'd figure that there would be some bleed over, or something!

yeah some of the stats shocked me as well. like texas having most dgcr members and most courses

So I like how the meet's discussions have it's own area now but I'm a lil concerned that people won't see it.

there's plenty of time to start discussions and get some more concrete details ironed out before advertising to the masses.

Kinda like when somebody creates a committee to explore the idea of running for President. ;)

yeah some of the stats shocked me as well. like texas having most dgcr members and most courses

What's so shocking about that? I mean we have 20 million people for pete's sake. Plus I would guess about 75% of them are in the Houston, San Antonio, DFW triangle, which also holds about 75% of the # of the Texas DG courses.

It's a very good triangle. About 750 miles of pure DG bliss. (That my friends is a big freakin state.)

What's so shocking about that? I mean we have 20 million people for pete's sake. Plus I would guess about 75% of them are in the Houston, San Antonio, DFW triangle, which also holds about 75% of the # of the Texas DG courses.

It's a very good triangle. About 750 miles of pure DG bliss. (That my friends is a big freakin state.)

i just figured for some reason that cali would be #1

Latest posts