• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trivial Trusted Reviewer Stats

I'll also add, playing low ranked courses really adds perspective, as well as reading TR reviews of top rated courses.

I think this is a great thought. Sometimes to appreciate what a really good, solid, middle of the road community course is (say, 3.0 or 3.5), you have to know what a bad course looks like. You may feel like rating an 18 hole course at 2.5 because it was nothing special, but eventually realize that that fact that it had good baskets, permanent tees, and actually gets mowed, separates it from a course that actually deserves a 2.0 or 2.5.

Woohoo! Finally a Bronze trusted! According to the spreadsheet, that would make me the youngest to become a trusted reviewer!

Well earned and congrats! :hfive:

Now, get off my lawn!
*ponders whether latest TR is old enough to get that reference * :p :eek:

I think this is a great thought. Sometimes to appreciate what a really good, solid, middle of the road community course is (say, 3.0 or 3.5), you have to know what a bad course looks like. You may feel like rating an 18 hole course at 2.5 because it was nothing special, but eventually realize that that fact that it had good baskets, permanent tees, and actually gets mowed, separates it from a course that actually deserves a 2.0 or 2.5.

I originally reviewed only a few courses, and just recently gave a 2.0 to a course I enjoy playing regularly. 2.0 is "reasonable," right? I think partly I'm starting to hold courses to a higher standard for a couple reasons. 1) I think courses are getting better overall, and 2) just cuz a course is between 2.0 and 2.5 doesn't mean it's not worth playing. Nevertheless, if someone's visiting my area, I definitely wouldn't want them to play that one if it means missing some of the better courses in the area!

Maybe I just haven't played enough truly bad courses yet! My area's fairly solid.

Totally going off track here, but a question for you guys: I'm starting to get a little more serious about reviews, and one thing I'm wondering about is how to keep score integrity through my different reviews. E.g. I should feel that my 4.0 courses are comparable, or that my 2.5s are worse than my 3.0s. When you comparing 9-holes, various regions, etc., this gets kinda tricky. Do you trusted folks have any advice?

Feel free to prerube... No threads jumped out after several minutes of searching.

Holy crap. I am still a verb. lol

for the most part I only look at my past reviews to see where one might fit in when they're lower rated courses. It's harder for me to pick between 1.5 and 2 than it is between 4 and 4.5.

I think it's really helpful to go play courses on both ends of the spectrum especially seeking out courses considered the best so you have a better understanding of where courses might stack up.

At the end of the day just go with your gut feeling and don't second guess it.

Not to mention, some of my best disc golf memories have come on totally craptastic courses.

I mean, who doesn't love a course that you can make a set of goalposts be a mando?

It took me a long time to make bronze trusted reviewer status. Many of my honest reviews about over-rated courses were not very popular. Trusted reviewer status was never my goal though.

It took me more than 4 years to get bronze. I guess there just aren't a lot of DGCR users in the Mobile, AL area.

A bulk of my reviews are from Asia, even the locals didn't know some of those courses existed :D

A bulk of my reviews are from Asia, even the locals didn't know some of those courses existed :D

Any course that's out in the sticks is tough to get thumbs up on. I've got a boatload of 9's I've bagged that are a thumb or two, just because they're so yokel that nobody is going to go play them, or check their reviews.

People just don't thumbs up. I try to give credit where credit is due, but I don't find myself reading 2, 3 disc reviews ten hours away from my house. I wish I could say I give helpfuls all the time, but sadly I don't.

I tend to keep an eye out for reviews by other Trusted Reviewers and am more likely to read (and give thumb-ups to) those reviews. I got your back, Stardoggy.

I'm also more likely to read reviews (and give thumbs) for courses in the 0-to-2 and 4-to-5 range. And if I've played the course, I'm definitely reading the review...

Last edited:
I wish there was an anonymous way for thumb down givers to send messages detailing why they disliked some of my reviews.

Any course that's out in the sticks is tough to get thumbs up on. I've got a boatload of 9's I've bagged that are a thumb or two, just because they're so yokel that nobody is going to go play them, or check their reviews.

Pretty much this. Sometimes I'll be looking at reviews for a popular course, and think "Gosh dang, this got 40 thumbs up!"

Typically those are thoughtful and well-written reviews, but they would still never get 40 thumbs on a more remote/less popular course. Just not as many eyes.

I think I'm destined to never make any sort of trusted status, mostly because I only review a course if I think it adds something new. I don't want to spend my time reiterating what other reviews have already said; that's what thumbs are for.

Woohoo! Finally a Bronze trusted! According to the spreadsheet, that would make me the youngest to become a trusted reviewer!

And here I thought it was me. Congrats! Getting to bronze is the hardest part :thmbup:

ThrowBot;3201509...I only review a course if I think it adds something new. I don't want to spend my time reiterating what other reviews have already said; that's what thumbs are for.[/QUOTE said:
I hear you there, but if there hasn't been a review in over a year, even if the review is still pretty valid, I'll throw my 2 cents in and try to add something helpful that wasn't in the previous one.

Latest posts